We are looking to expand our growing team of passionate, multi-national designers within our newly opened, fully-capable China Design Studio, located in the energetic city of Shanghai.
At Ford, you will join a highly creative, professional environment where a passion for excellence and innovation is fundamental.
This leadership role within the Design Studio supports the creation of both production and advanced design work on multiple programmes. Working closely with your diverse team of designers and cross-functional partners you will steer the design development of production programmes from initial Design Brief creation through to final surface release. In this role you will manage, mentor and support your team to deliver within challenging programme timelines and technically complex constraints. A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a senior designer is required, while experience working with global OEMs is preferred. Responsibilities and attributes include:
- The delivery of highly emotional exterior designs, meeting often complex programme assumptions within a go-fast studio environment
- Presentation of design reviews to senior management
- Curate design work, steering your design and modelling teams within the context of design and engineering inputs
- Deliver design intent through highly collaborative interaction with product development colleagues and outside suppliers
- Strategic thinker but with a passion for detail
- Team-focused, highly organized with exemplary communication skills; written, visual and verbal
- Proficiency in 3D modelling & visualisation tools is highly desired
- Create contemporary and innovative design solutions with a future vision
- Work traditionally and digitally (2D & 3D) for concepts and production programs
- Highly motivated with leadership role on project developments
- Drive the design team for high quality designs that meet program timing
- Work creatively within technical package/constraints
- Interface with cross-functional teams during design development phases
- Create and present designs to senior management
- Ability to lead design team and effectively communicated design direction.
- Visionary and passionate about Automotive Design
- Academic degree/s and relevant work experience in Automotive Design
- Strong 2D & 3D capabilities with experience in Exterior Design & development on concepts and production programs
- Ability to think three dimensionally with and strong emphasis on proportions, refinement and well executed graphics and volume.
- Deep understanding/knowledge in design processes and thinking
- Proficiency in applying and translating cultural insights to design proposals
- Strong communication and presentation skills
Are you looking to Go Further with Ford?
We look forward to your application incl. CV and full portfolio
We offer excellent working conditions in our Shanghai design studio as well as competitive salary packages.
Interested candidates are invited to apply with a detailed CV (in Word Format) and an up-to-date design portfolio (less than 10 MB) by email to EMAIL with a picture of yourself (JPEG format, smaller than 1MB).