|click to view||click to view|
About Chang’an-Dublin International College
Chang’an-Dublin International College (CDIC) is a partnership between Chang’an University and University College Dublin, based in Xi’an, China. The college is recruiting Academic English teachers to teach students on its dual-degree programmes in Engineering. A number of positions are available from late August/early September 2022.
Institution: Chang’an University, Xi’an
Job Type: Fixed term, Full time
Location: Xi’an, China
1. Regular teaching requirements:
- a. Classroom teaching: There will be 12 to 16 regular classroom teaching hours per week. Teaching will focus on English for Academic Purposes and may include listening, reading, speaking, and writing. Teaching takes place on Chang’an University’s Weishui campus
- b. Specific teaching assignments: Specific teaching assignments will be provided by the programme coordinator ahead of the start of each semester.
- c. Additional duties: Instructors may be required to offer up to 8 office hours or feedback tutorials per week in addition to regular classroom teaching hours.
- d. Working weeks: English instructors are required to observe the university calendar of each semester and ensure their availability during all working weeks.
2. Other activities relevant to regular teaching requirements:
- a. Planning of lessons to aid student achievement on the learning outcomes stated in the syllabus.
- b. Regular formative feedback on coursework, prelim examinations and draft assignments. Summative assessment of written and oral exams including standardisation and moderation processes.
- c. Attendance at weekly or fortnightly staff meetings. Engagement with appraisal systems such as classroom observations.
- d. Other duties as required, which may include, but are not necessarily limited to invigilation, supporting student activities (e.g., speaking competitions), completing admin. or HR requests, multimodal delivery of lessons, etc.
Job Salary & Benefits
- 1. Successful candidates will be offered a monthly salary of 10,500 to 18,000 RMB before tax for 12 months commensurate with the role and their level of education and work experience. Other benefits, including housing and transportation allowance will be provided.
- 2. Full-time job: at least one-year fixed contract. The contract will include a one-month probation period.
- 3. A housing allowance of 1,700 RMB per month (before tax).
- 4. Round-trip air ticket for a one-year contract period.
- – English speaker
- – Undergraduate degree
- – CELTA, Trinity Cert. TESOL (or equivalent English language teaching qualification)
- – Two years of relevant experience
- – DELTA, Trinity Dip. TESOL or equivalent English language teaching
- – Post-graduate qualification in TESOL, Applied Linguistics or a related discipline
- – Experience of teaching in colleges, universities or training organizations
- – Experience of teaching English for Academic Purposes
- – Experience of working in China
Desirable personal attributes
- – Flexibility, adaptability and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- – A collegial approach to working with peers and across teams
- – Polite and respectful in dealings with students, staff members and the wider CDIC community
- – Conscientious and diligent to ensure students receive a consistently positive learning experience
- – High levels of positivity, motivation and enthusiasm in the role