Position: Account Manager, Membership
Reports to: Director of Membership
Account Manager is one of the most critical and rewarding roles at AmCham China. The membership department is the primary sales and business development team at the Chamber, responsible for generating the majority of the Chamber’s revenue. Account Managers are responsible for managing member relations across the member lifecycle from new member recruitment through member renewals. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1) Developing new sales funnel;
2) Building sales pipeline;
3) Arranging sales meetings and presentations until deal closing.
4) Maintaining member relations through daily interactions with member and member companies to ensure renewal;
5) Communicating with other departments across AmCham China to enhance the organization’s better understanding of members needs and requirements;
6) Leveraging existing and new data analytic tools to understand membership engagement and trends.
7) Assisting Membership director to design and implement strategies to enlarge member recruitment funnels, sales conversion rate, and improve member retention and satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the membership sales process for hundreds of existing members covering assigned industries. Examples of possible industries include consulting, legal, agriculture, real estate, etc.
- Generate, qualify and convert new and renewing members to achieve membership and revenue targets.
- Provide internal feedback based on member needs and connect members with other departments at the Chamber.
- Guide members quickly and smoothly from membership application to on-boarding.
- Input and maintain membership data in Microsoft Dynamics and GlueUP CRM systems.
- Identify and accelerate cross-department sales opportunities and surface leads and partner with other teams to achieve shared growth goals and objectives.
- Renew membership through good preparation, communication and member relationship maintenance.
- Coordinate with other membership-related programs, events and promotional campaigns.
- Assist in planning, execution and potentially lead/host membership department events
- At least Bachelor’s degree with three years of sales-related working experience, preferably in direct sales, business development, marketing, or client / customer service role
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
- Strong written and verbal communication skills via telephone, email and face-to-face meetings
- Pleasant, outgoing and enthusiastic team player
- Able to use data to create insights
- Proficiency in Office 365 applications (PowerPoint, Teams etc.), and enthusiasm to learn about CRM systems
- Account managing experience in a public relations agency is preferred, program management and/or event organization experience a plus