An Account Manager / Senior Account Manager is a communications and PR professional who is capable of handling a wide range of projects with a high degree of independence. He or she provides support to multiple account teams and manages work and information flows, which may include planning, content writing, operating media relations and event management.
- Provide support between clients, outside suppliers, and other internal/external audiences
- Produce a broad range of materials from proposals to communications
- Organize and support project team in brainstorming, planning, and implementing events
- Conduct research necessary to analyze client issues, and develop accurate summaries and analyses of research that create insights and use them to make strategic recommendations to clients
Media Relations and PR Content
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of media, including general environment and trends, work processes, characteristics of different media types, and features of key media outlets
- Draft high-level communications materials (e.g. press releases, invitation letters, executives’ speeches, byline articles, fact sheets, bios, advertorials, feature articles, case studies, customer profiles, crisis statements); must ensure that all written materials and correspondence are strategic and meet the client’s and account’s objectives
- Build and maintain strong media relations to meet client objectives, including generating storylines and topic angles, media pitches and arranging media interviews.
- Take a proactive role to develop new media connections, and update the media database regularly.
- Plan and manage social media projects by pitch social media and KOLs accordingly
- Develop project budgets independently with direction and feedback from senior team members
- Ensure team oversight on budgeting and billing and provide monthly billable hours as guidance to staff; must develop monthly projections and oversee development and distribution of bills and activity reports; must approve timesheets and expense reports for direct reports in a timely manner with precision
- Cross-reference, approve, and forward invoices to the Accounting Department
- Bachelor’s degree or above. Majors related to communications, journalism, international relations or English
- About 5 years (Account Manager) or 7 years (Senior Account Manager) of previous working experience in agencies in public relations, media, or corporate communications
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in both Chinese and English and the good writing skill,
- Proven ability to build strong relationships with clients, the media, and other external audiences,
- Excellent ability to develop and deliver presentations for existing clients or new business pitches, with research findings, recommendations, and creative ideas
- Strong team spirit.
Please send your resume to: Sophie.email@example.com