At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
You will closely work with the various world-class data driven e-payment related businesses by using the cutting-edge technologies and advanced data solution. E.g., Risk control, customer services, privacies and etc. You will face the complex big data challenges or problems for fin-tech industry domain, which turns the big data to more valuable business insights, like customer profiling, risk assessment/vetting and so on. You do not only understand the data deeply but also develop the enterprise-level data algorithm and solutions for huge amount of data, various types of data for more business insights.
- Works with PayPal business units and Product Dev teams to design, develop and deliver solutions on one of the largest data platforms in the world.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of machine learning models to support PayPal business units for compliance and risk management, fraud detection, business insights, predictive analysis, etc.
- Manage a high performing AI engineer team, develop the strategy and vision for the AI engineer team, identify opportunities and solve challenges with innovative solutions.
- Lead the AI engineer team to leverage data and cutting-edge machine learning techniques for the research and delivery of end-to-end ML solutions.
- Collaborate with fellows and tech lead across global teams to build architecture and solution. Coordinate and lead multiple projects with various partners.
- Master or above degree in Computer Science or related field, specialization in machine learning.
- 6+ years of professional industry experience with machine learning, with rich experience in at least one of machine learning areas including NLP, CV, graph learning, etc.
- 2+ years of management and tech lead experience.
- Proficient in model design and development. Rich experience in machine learning frameworks such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Collaborative, inclusive, innovative and passionate in new technology.
- Knowledge on the following business domains: Risk, Payments, e-commerce
- Familiar with various big data technologies, open-source data processing frameworks. E.g., Spark, Hadoop, HBase, Elastic Search, Pig, Hive, and so on.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.