- Analyzing alerts and investigating transactional activities to detect any suspicions of money laundering or terrorist financing activity
- Conducting searches, gathering data and recording evidence from Citi internal systems, the internet, commercial databases and enquiries from Business or Compliance contacts within Citi
- Accumulating facts from investigations to be utilized in presentation to Senior Management and Compliance
- Request additional information regarding customer or transactions in the process of investigating suspicious activities or test and verify recommended suspicious activities.
- Conducting enhanced due diligence investigations in support of policies and procedures
- Reporting unusual client activities which might relate to money laundering or terrorist financing
- Conducting alert investigation using global standard policies, procedures and tools, aimed at meeting internal and external regulatory requirements
- Operating within agreed business SLAs and confidentiality standards
- Applying or adapting knowledge (obtained from training) of any imposed sanctions(s) or laws/regulation(s) to the task at hand
- Building and applying knowledge of money laundering processes
- Submitting requests for further information or suspicious activity recommendations
- Mentor and coach more junior team members
- Responsible for the appropriate collection and analysis of documents to assist in identifying unusual transaction patterns.
- Conduct checker reviews of case files, case tracking logs and various AML processes.
- Drafting STRs recommendations on relationship retention or termination, and track recommendations and account closures, as required.
- Reviewing Analysts’ recommendations for further enquiry, escalation or closure
- Supporting implementation of new products during UAT of systems and processes
- 3 years Work experience in a financial institution
- Experience in AML, knowledge of AML regulations, proficiency with MS office, work ethic, verbal/written skills, analytical skills
- Should be a self-starter, and organized, and must have the ability to work independently, with minor supervision
- The ability to work effectively, under pressure, in a rapidly changing environment, as well as autonomously and as an effective member of a dynamic team.
- Strong in writing, analytical and communications skills
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in problem solving
- Excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, interact effectively, with different levels of management and to operate with excellent corporate work ethics (timely, honest, respectful and considerate to co-workers)
- CAMS certification preferred
Job Family Group:
Compliance and Control
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries (“Citi”) invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi.
View the EEO Policy Statement.
View the Pay Transparency Posting