ShanghaiTech University calls for candidates with exceptional academic records or demonstrated potential to fill associate research fellow, senior R&D Engineer, assistant researcher and post-doc positions in hybrid energy system, low-carbon technology for fossil energy in Institute of Carbon Neutrality.
ShanghaiTech is a young resource-rich university with a modern residential campus in the heart of Shanghai Pudong’s Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park. With an academic focus on STEM research, ShanghaiTech is committed to serving China’s national challenges in economic and social development with the focus on science and technology, and nurturing the next generation of innovative scientists, inventors and entrepreneurs.
Established in October in 2021, the mission of Institute of Carbon Neutrality is: To meet the national strategy needs of carbon neutrality in year 2060, carry out scientific and technological innovation activities and the construction of new carbon-neutral disciplines focusing on the future clean energy system, low-carbon and efficient transformation technology of fossil resources, technical verification and demonstration of application scenarios, and carry out research on the sustainable development of social economy and ecology under the framework of carbon neutrality.
1. Carry out research on energy efficiency analysis of hybrid energy systems, carbon data and low-carbon conversion process simulation technology;
2. Assist in the construction and operation of the project platform;
3. Assist in the research and development of relevant core technologies of the Institute of Carbon Neutrality.
1. Obtained or about to obtain a doctoral degree in energy, chemistry, materials, information and related fields;
2. Priority will be given to candidates with relevant cross-research backgrounds such as process engineering and informatization;
3. Have a strong interest in creating new frontier and cross-cutting research directions;
4. Have a good team spirit and enthusiasm for work, and have good critical thinking skills.
Salary and Benefits
University will provide initial start-up fund and research lab space matching the research needs. Starting salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including health and retirement benefits as well as on campus housing renting at a reduced rate.