YCYW Commitment to Safeguarding
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expect all applicants to share this commitment. We align our recruitment practices to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. Before any appointment is confirmed, we implement effective recruitment practices which include: interview, identity check, criminal record check and character/professional references. All teachers and other adults working at YCYW schools are expected to read and comply with our Child Protection Policy and Procedures.
PORTRAIT OF A YCIS-BEIJING TEACHER
As teachers that are striving to achieve excellence whilst building character in their students, YCIS Beijing teachers …
• Have a deep understanding of highly effective teaching and learning practices that suit the generation now in our schools;
• Have significant depth, breadth of knowledge, skills and understanding of their specific disciplines;
• Have a passion that inspires student and staff to learn more;
• Embraces innovative change in pedagogy;
• Understand the value of generating positive professional relationships with colleagues, students and families;
• Can work in a highly collaborative learning and organisational culture which values a team approach when planning and delivering curriculum;
• Use dialogue more than monologue;
• Understand how to ensure differentiation in learning tasks;
• Have the technology skills and disposition to create flipped and blended learning;
• Ensure that formative and summative feedback to students is timely, well-targeted and constructive;
• Are reflective learners who seek constant improvement;
• Have a love of learning and a desire to inspire students to achieve at the highest level possible.
• Can operate successfully in a bilingual teaching environment in which important Chinese and Western cultural characteristics are understood and respected.
• Understand and implement a wide range of technology into their practice.
The Athletics Director (AD) is required to manage athletic activities in all inter-school competitions. The AD must oversee, motivate and build the skills of teams to remain competitive. This position involves 0.2 administrative responsibilities. Thus, an AD also has to fulfil the duties of a Secondary Teacher.
• Direct athletic activities for inter-school competition in our membership bodies (currently ACAMIS, ISAC, and JISAC).
• Supervise the coordination of athletic events, both on and off-site.
• Work with the Head of P.E. to manage the athletic department budgets at Secondary.
• Organise, support, and monitor the coaches and assistant coaches for all teams.
• Collaborate with the Head of P.E. to monitor consumable supplies, equipment and resources.
• Coordinate and update the calendar for all meets.
• Liaise with the Marketing Department in promoting the athletics programme.
• Attend the periodic Athletic Director meetings and maintain consistent communication.
• Coach YCIS sport and athletic teams throughout the year.
• Expand opportunities for our students through liaison with external coaching and athletic organisations.
• Organise and distribute athletic awards to competing students.
• Safeguard the welfare of all pupils that fall under your responsibility or that you come into contact with.