This position is based in the CGTN Headquarters at Beijing. Candidates with social media experience and news presentation skills are preferred.
Position: Business Anchor
Location: Beijing, China
Full time, 12-month renewable contract
ABOUT THE JOB
The Business Anchor will host Biztalk, a 30-minute television interview, which airs on Saturdays at 16:30 BJT. Featuring industry leaders, tech mavericks, policymakers and senior observers and analysts, the show will provide an in-depth look into the fast-changing world economy and highlight expert views on economic growth, business trends and macro-policies.
CGTN will also produce 60-minute online and offline roundtable discussions, wherein guests will be invited to comment on certain topics pertaining to economy, business and policies via live streaming on various social media platforms.
● Must be a keen observer and follower of business events and news and be well abreast with business and economic reporting and presentation;
● Technically astute, obsessed with detail, resourceful and dependable;
● Solid journalism background with strong skills in research, pitching story angles, writing TV programs and social media products;
● High standard of editorial judgement, research and analytical capabilities;
● Must possess digital skills suited for our online services and products;
● Have intense knowledge of social media products and their operation.
YOU MUST HAVE
● Previous news reporting or presentation experience, preferably news presentation at a news network;
● Come from business background and possess knowledge of China’s economic policies and contexts;
● Experience as a TV media planner with the ability to curate and produce content for live coverage;
● Social media experience and working skills are especially welcome. Flawless writing and English communication skills and better understanding of social media presentation and hosting are desirable.