*This position is based in Beijing and only open to foreign passport holders*
Business Editor, CGTN
Full Time, 12 month contract
ABOUT THE JOB
Our Global Business program offers in-depth analysis of the latest economic data, business trends and market moving policies. With separate editions out of Asia, Europe, Africa and the Americas, Global Business features analysts and news-makers supported through a global network of correspondents.
Enthused by business and international trade you are always up to date with global trends and innovations. Your solid journalism background has given you the skills to research, pitch story angles, and write and edit packages that are factual, engaging and world-class. You possess a high standard of editorial judgment, flawless “on demand” writing, a knack for writing TV headlines and the digital skills to contribute to our online service. You pride yourself on being technically astute, obsessed with detail, resourceful and dependable. If you are a meticulously-organized journalist who is always thinking two steps ahead this could be the role for you.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Previous news experience (preferably at a news network)
- Come from a business background
- At least two years post graduate work experience as an editor (required for Visa purposes)
- Flawless writing and idiomatic English communication skills
- Multimedia skills
- Experience as a TV media planner with the ability to curate and produce content for live coverage of breaking news and important events as they happen (preferred)
If you have the above skills and experience, apply now!