China Office Description: The China Office of Minnesota Global Incorporated, a subsidiary of the University of Minnesota, serves as a business center for University faculty, staff, and students traveling to China; an information and resource center for Chinese students interested in studying at the University of Minnesota; a gathering place for Chinese U of M alumni; and a communication hub to facilitate relationship-building between the U of M and universities in China. The China Office is staffed by the Director and an Assistant, with oversight provided by the Executive Director of the China Center at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities. The Assistant will be headquartered in Beijing.
Marketing and Branding Support: [50%]
- Operate China Office WeChat Official account and other social media accounts, including Weibo, Toutiao, Tencent Video, TikTok, LinkedIn, Bilibili, and Instagram under the Director’s instruction.
- Draft social media content, including written, graphic, and videos, in both Chinese and English.
- Closely work with the Director and University colleagues to maintain China Office website content and create marketing materials for online/offline campaigns.
- (New) Assist the Director by researching, drafting, and distributing the China Office Newsletter to stakeholders on campus through email marketing platforms.
- Manage students’ and parents’ WeChat groups to activate and maintain community engagement.
- Become familiar with the University of Minnesota alumni community in China. Work with the Director and alumni chapter leadership to grow the alumni community, organize alumni-oriented activities, and promote the alumni network in China.
- Become familiar with live stream technology and community management service providers to leverage University’s social media impact in China.
- Program Coordination and Management : [25%
Program Coordination and Management : [25%]
- Conduct research and draft reports about topics pertinent to the China Office and the University as necessary (e.g., US-China collaboration trends, best practices of alumni development in China).
- Assist with managing the China Office general email inbox and social media accounts and drafting responses.
- Translate and proofread bilingual content as needed.
- Work on detailed planning and executing of events, receptions, stakeholder visits, network gatherings, etc., that the China Office hosts or participates in.
- Become familiar with the University of Minnesota, its global mission, and China development goals, particularly regarding the various academic programs, schools, and campuses.
- Work with the Director to prepare related materials and logistics based on the Office’s strategy for branding, outreach, relationship building, and business development activities in China.
- (New) Develop and manage China Office projects, from developing plans, goals, and budgets to finishing the projects on time.
Office Administrative Support: [25%]
- Function as the “front door” of the China Office and professionally welcome University staff, faculty, students, alumni, and other stakeholders.
- Take ownership of office administrative tasks, including placing/answering phone calls; making copies, faxes, and scans; filtering emails, drafting and/or proofreading documents; sorting and documenting files; purchasing office supplies; arranging cleaning service to ensure the office is presentable for daily use.
- Handle work expenses for office utilities and internet; ensure the office rental fee is paid on time and accurately, and track general office purchases as needed.
- Run general office errands when necessary, such as visiting local banks, mailing letters, picking up mail/delivery, making store purchases, returning items and tidying up the area after events/visits, welcoming and escorting visitors outside the office building, etc.
- Support the Director to coordinate University projects that are related to China.
- Other duties and responsibilities expected of this position may change as deemed appropriate by the China Office Director.
- Enthusiasm and passion for international education;
- Bachelor’s degree or above;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Suite;
- Excellent written skills in both Chinese and English;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Familiarity with both American and Chinese culture;
- Strong can-do attitude and entrepreneurial spirit; and
- Ability to legally work in China.
- 1-3 years of professional experience, preferably in social media marketing or project management;
- Experience in running local and international social media platforms, planning and executing online and offline events;
- Familiar with graphic design websites with a strong concept of visual aesthetic is preferred.
This position needs to be filled as soon as possible. Please email your application (a cover letter that specifically addresses your interest and qualifications, and how your skills and experience will support your success in this position. Also, please attach a current resume) to: Ms. Fran Liu, Director, China Office of the University of Minnesota