The Communications Manager is responsible for leading the development and implementation of effective multi-platform communications strategies to build DHZH’s reputation. It requires knowledge of news industry, creating and pitching compelling stories, networking with traditional and new media, and utilizing tools and best practices to enhance DHZH’s ability on news making and building public support.
The Communications Manager will lead, plan, direct and implement overall strategies for all marketing and communications.
The Communications Manager will oversee events and all school publications, coordinate all advertising, publicity, and public relations and serve as the school’s spokesperson, and will work closely with the Head of Admissions to coordinate all related external communications activity.
- Write and edit Chinese and English content, articles and presentation with the aim to highlight the value of DHZH’s reputation.
- Develop, update and improve Chinese and English website content and guarantee all content is publication-ready, analyze analytics data and evaluate the effectiveness of content.
- Digital channels management to all social media accounts linked to DHZH including but not limited to WeChat, Facebook, YouTube, and LinkedIn. and other tools to ensure consistency and accuracy in message and content.
- Create communications materials such as brochures and videos with or without the support of design and production agencies.
- Create internal publications such as newsletters, releases, email announcements, online, intranet, video, special projects and assignments.
- Monitor online media related to the school and its brand, maximizing opportunities for positive PR and managing negative PR.
- Ability to work as part of a team, taking initiative and exercising sound judgement in resolving matters that may arise as part of normal daily work and prioritize workload during busy periods.
- Other work as directed to support the broader AMC functions of the school.
- Ensure that safeguarding, health and safety, and all other school policies are known, understood and embedded into practice.
- Other duties as directed by the line manager.
Dulwich International High School Zhuhai (DHZH) is a selective, English-medium, co-educational four-year high school. Our students are highly motivated and learning focused which provides an outstanding school climate to work in. The majority of our almost 400 students are PRC nationals who will pursue their tertiary studies at excellent universities and colleges outside China. To this end, our students opt out of the Chinese education system at the end of junior middle school to follow a curriculum leading to IGCSEs and A Levels.
DHZH is currently in our eleventh year of operation and moved to an 800 seat purpose built campus on Hengqin Island in 2021. We opened in September 2010 within the beautiful grounds of the prestigious Yung Wing School in Zhuhai. The links with both Dulwich College London and Yung Wing School allow us to live the ideal that our school is a bridge between the educational traditions of East and West and it is this unique distinction that sets us apart from our competitors.
Zhuhai is one of several Special Economic Zones in mainland China and is experiencing considerable development including Hengqin Island, which is part of an Education and Technology hub in South China’s Greater Bay Area. Macau lies only minutes away and a one-hour ferry journey or bus ride on the new Zhuhai-Macau bridge will take you to Hong Kong.
Zhuhai is well positioned for flights into China and Southeast Asia and its high standard of living and warm temperate climate make it an excellent place to pursue an international teaching career.
- BA degree or above, preferably postgraduate, in marketing, media practice, journalism, public relations, communications or writing-intensive discipline.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in similar capacity.
- Experience in and appreciation of the principles and practices of marketing including PR, media relations, advertising, competitor analysis, market research and branding.
- Strong organisational skills and experience in event planning and management.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English and Chinese languages.
- A good understanding of digital communications and social media as appropriate for a High School, sound understanding of social media platforms with ability to create compelling content across a variety of platforms.
- Familiarity with website content management and design, online tools.
- Experience in internal and external production personnel in areas of print, photography, video production.
- Proficiency in graphic design and Custom Responsibility Management is an advantage.
- Independent, proactive, detail-oriented, self-motivated with good planning, people and project management skill.
How to apply:
Successful applicants will be enthusiastic about the ethos and values of Dulwich International. An attractive and competitive remuneration package will be offered to the chosen candidate. To apply for this post, please click the ‘Apply’ button on this page to submit your application.
To learn more about Dulwich International High School Zhuhai, please visit:https://zhuhai-high-school.dulwich.org/working-at-dulwich
Applications will be reviewed on receipt, and we reserve the right to make an early appointment.
EiM is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices, which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection.
Equity Diversity Inclusion Statement
Dulwich College International is committed to diversity within its team, organisational practices, policies and culture. It recognises that people with different backgrounds, skills, attitudes and experiences bring fresh ideas and perceptions, and it encourages and leverages these differences to make its work more relevant and approachable. Dulwich College International will not discriminate or tolerate discriminatory behaviour on any grounds such as, but not limited to, race, gender, disability, nationality, national or ethnic origin, religion or belief, marital/partnership or family status, sexual orientation, age or socioeconomic background. Dulwich College International strives to be an inclusive workplace where everyone feels a sense of belonging, has a voice, can raise concerns, and feels comfortable and confident. It expects everyone who works with it to share this commitment and to act accordingly, as it aspires to best serve the Dulwich College International mission and its community.