*This position is based in Beijing and only open to foreign passport holders*
Copy Editor (foreign passport holders)
Location: Beijing, China
Full time, 12 month contract
ABOUT THE JOB
CGTN News Gathering Department is seeking an experienced copy editor to join its growing team. The ideal candidate will have experience working accurately and meticulously, in a fast-paced news environment. They will be positive, energetic and totally committed to the highest journalistic standards.
● Make sure that scripts are readable, accurate and ready for air and publication;
● Fix any punctuation, spelling, grammatical and syntax errors;
● Make edits consistent with CGTN’s tone;
● Have strong sense of international and Chinese news;
● Complete other tasks assigned by managers.
● At least 2+ years of relevant experience in international media;
● Native level knowledge of the English language;
● Solid news and editorial judgment;
● At minimum, a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or English;
● Chinese proficiency is preferred.
Please apply by sending a CV and a detailed cover letter, including your current and expected salary, along with any relevant work samples by e-mail to: email@example.com