At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
1. Perform statistical data analysis and understanding, ensure data quality, and develop tracking and reporting systems to determine the effectiveness of models, rules, and other risk initiatives and programs.
2. Mine and analyze massive amount of unique internal and external data to gain deep business knowledge and insight on customer activity and usage behaviors and their relationships with fraud and credit risks and other types of behaviors.
3. Design, develop, implement, execute, and monitor scoring models, expert rules and other types of decision analytics to detect fraud risk and credit risks by leveraging expert-based methodologies, advanced statistical techniques, and machine learning algorithms, such as regressions, neural networks, decision trees, and etc.
4. Perform data-driven as well as expert-driven decision optimization to optimize risk decision strategies and rules for taking appropriate actions at each customer touch point and at each stage of customer lifecycle to achieve optimal balance between loss reduction, customer experience, revenue enablement, and cost of losses.
5. Research and develop new methodologies and techniques to improve the overall effectiveness of decision analytics and decision management
• Master’s Degree in a quantitative field (Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, etc.)
• Capable of independently working on a Machine Learning project with guidance.
• Clear analytical mindset and deep understanding of Machine Learning
• Code writing capability in common programming language for Data Science(Python is a must. Preferably with SQL/Scala/Java) and familiarity with relevant ML packages (TF, Pytorch, etc.).
• Familiarity with Linux environments is a plus.
• Hadoop experience (MapReduce, PIG, Hive, Spark/Pyspark) – an advantage
This internship is in APAC.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.