Closing date of applications
31 July 2023
14 August 2023
Date Contract Ends
Head of Department
Ages 0-4 / Early Years
Fixed / Renewable
5 or more years experience
ISA Tianhe International School of Guangzhou (ISA Tianhe) is located in the Zhujiang New Town of Guangzhou, providing IB education for students from early years to primary (2-11 years old). We are looking for potential candidates of Early Years Coordinator to start in August 2023.
- Lead the Early Years staff in planning, coordinating, implementing, monitoring, documenting, assessing and recording learning within the framework of the IBO Primary Years Programme and the UK Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS).
- Participate in the selection and recruitment of EY staff alongside the Head of School.
- Share responsibilities for EY curriculum development, then support EY teachers in delivery of the curriculum through classroom visits and year group team meetings.
- Encourage and mentor new EY teachers and associate teachers.
- Liaise with other team coordinators to ensure continuity and progression.
- B.Ed./ PGCE relevant qualification in the field of education
- Professional certification specific to Early Years teaching and learning
- Minimum 5 years of early years teaching experience in a PYP setting.
- Minimum 3 years of leadership experience in a PYP Early Years setting
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience working with the UK Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
- Curriculum development knowledge
- Be inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills
- Be committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes