Closing date of applications
31 December 2023
1 August 2024
Date Contract Ends
English as an Additional Language
Ages 11-18 / Secondary
Several Curricula (see description)
3 or more years experience
We are seeking an experienced and passionate English Language Teacher for Secondary students who is a fluent English speaker and adept in teaching the IGCSE or IB curriculum
We are seeking an experienced and passionate English Language Teacher for Secondary students who is a fluent English speaker and adept in teaching the IGCSE or IB curriculum. The successful candidate will have a Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education (PGCSE) or similar and will be responsible for teaching English to secondary students in a classroom setting. This is a full-time position.
In addition to the duties of a classroom teacher, to be responsible for the planning, teaching and learning within the year groups taught; to be accountable for high standards across these year groups; to liaise with other teachers in the same department where necessary; to ensure continuity and progression throughout the curriculum.
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes