English Teacher (YCIS-BJ-2324-SEC001)
|Posted Date:||09/29/2022||Expiration Date:||–|
|Location:||YCIS – Beijing (Beijing SEC)||# of Openings:||1|
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Have or develop knowledge and understanding of the YCIS Philosophy and Objectives.
• Have or develop detailed knowledge of the relevant aspects of the YCIS International Curriculum, IGCSE and/or IB Diploma, Character Education and Global Citizenship programmes, Chinese Curriculum, the Co-teaching and Learning Community models as appropriate to assigned role and ensure student learning reflects these.
• Organise personal timetables (or implement if assigned), classroom and students’ work with due regard to the requirements of the YCIS International Curriculum, Chinese Curriculum, IGCSE, IB Diploma and the Co-teaching and Learning Community models as appropriate.
• Submit lesson plans as specified by the VP/Curriculum Coordinator/HoD taking into account authentic learning, the needs of individual or groups of students, the YCIS International Curriculum, YCIS Global Citizenship and Character Education programmes and the team approach in the Co-Teaching and Learning Community models as appropriate..
• Set appropriate and demanding expectations for students’ learning and motivation; In consultation with the student, set clear targets for each student’s learning, building on their prior attainment and experiences. Where applicable, internally moderate student work to ensure consistency of standards.
• Assess how well learning objectives/targets have been achieved for each student and use this assessment to inform future teaching.
• Attend meetings and collaborate as necessary with colleagues to ensure all the students learning needs are met.
• Maintain appropriate student records regarding achievement, behaviour or other aspects and liaise with the School Office to ensure they are correctly stored and passed on to the next teacher.
• Discuss with parents regarding students’ progress at Parent/Teacher Conferences (PTCs) and at other times when required; produce semester, yearly and transfer reports, as required.
• Implement discipline policies for all students.
• Playground, lunch, and other duties as assigned.
• Supervise extra-curricular activities as required.
• Where appropriate, supervision and direction of assigned Teacher’s Aide/ Ayi.
• Support of the Parent Organisation (PO) in fund raising and other events;
• Understand your professional responsibilities in relation to school policies, guidelines and practices and set a good example to the students in regards to presentation and personal conduct.
These duties may be amended to meet the changing demands of the school at the discretion of the School Leadership Team and following consultation with the Class/Subject teacher.