Position Title: Community Events Planner
Supervisor: Senior Director of Operations
Position Summary: This position is designed to plan and organize events under the direction of the Senior Director of Operations. The specialist works closely with Marketing, other divisions/department and parent volunteers to ensure the success of the events.
▪ Bachelor’s degree, any field
▪ English, Exhibition or Business degree
▪ Minimum 5 years of relevant event planning work experience
▪ Minimum 5 years of experience with Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Photo Editor etc.
▪ Previous experience working with a small, multi-cultural team
▪ Experience in an international (school) setting
▪ Previous work experience with volunteers
▪ Fluent spoken English, good written English
▪ High comfort level working with computers
▪ Strong communication and collaboration skills
▪ Excellent customer service skills
▪ Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
▪ Solid problem-solving skills
▪ Able to multitask
▪ Familiarity with multicultural event planning procedure
▪ Fluent spoken Mandarin
▪ Guided by ethical principles and character
▪ Comfortable interacting with people from other cultures
▪ Takes initiative to exceed goals
▪ Efficient, organized and conscientious
▪ Ability to adhere to deadlines
▪ Flexible and trainable
▪ Team player
▪ Customer oriented
Ø Work close with the senior director of Operations on proposal and budget for events.
Ø Work close with team in Operations-Purchasing regarding relevant vendor selection.
Ø Take the lead and work collaboratively with Marketing, parent volunteers and other divisions/department to plan, organize and deliver the events including but not limited to:
· Stewardship events like Easter brunch, donor recognition events, etc.
· Community events like Christmas tree lighting and the Annual Gala & Auction, Enrichment events like special speakers, seminars, workshop etc.
- Weekly Parent Connect events
- Other duties as assigned