The School of Forestry and Resource Conservation, National Taiwan University currently has an opening in each of the following areas:
1. Ecosystem Functions in Forest Environment
2. Silviculture or Tree Physiology
Position Type: Full-time professor, associate professor or assistant professor to begin on August 1, 2024.
A Ph.D. in one of the above-mentioned areas or related disciplines is required, preferably with teaching or postdoctoral experiences.
Qualified applicants are required to submit the following documents:
1. A cover letter and curriculum vitae specifying the research focus and the rank applied （i.e., professor, associate professor, or assistant professor）.
2. A certified copy of Ph.D. diploma.
3. Applicants applying for the rank of assistant professor are also required to submit official graduate school academic transcripts.
4. A list of publications published after August 1, 2017, and five copies for each of the listed publications. Applicants applying for the rank of assistant professor are also required to submit five copies of Ph.D. thesis. Please designate one publication as the representative paper. The representative paper must be a journal research article published after August 1, 2019 in a SCI （SSCI, A&HCI） indexed journal, with the applicant either as the first or corresponding author. The selected representative paper must be already published in hard copy or in electronic form with specific volume and page numbers. Should there be one or more co-authors with the representative paper, a consent form must be signed by all co-authors and submitted of the representative paper.
5. A summary of research accomplishments and future research objectives.
6. A teaching proposal. The teaching proposal should include at least one course syllabus of the following courses:
a. Ecosystem Functions in Forest Environment: Forest Nutrient Cycling, Forest Carbon Cycling, Investigation and Analysis of Forest River/Stream Water Quality.
b. Silviculture or Tree Physiology: Silviculture, Tree Physiology, Tree Ecophysiology, Forest Protection.
7. Two letters of reference （email acceptable）.
Please mail the required documents in hard copy to the address below. The submitted documents must be received by October 31, 2023.
Tzung-Su Ding, Chair
School of Forestry and Resource Conservation
National Taiwan University
No. 1, Section 4, Roosevelt Road
As the leading university in Taiwan, the National Taiwan University respects, appreciates, and encourages diversity.