Jointly organized and established by the Shanghai Municipal Government and Chinese Academy of Sciences, ShanghaiTech is a small-scale, high-level, international research and innovative university. The Institute of Humanities was founded in June 2019, based on the idea that a first-tier university must be supported by the first-tier research and education of humanities. Directly affiliated to ShanghaiTech University, Institute of Humanities is a substantive, comprehensive teaching and research institution. Institute of Humanities undertakes developing both general education and humanities construction, so as to support ShanghaiTech’s ambition to grow into a first-tier university, and promote school reputation of academic excellence at both the national and the international level.
In order to achieve these goals, Institute of Humanities is inviting applications for tenure-track and teaching positions including professors, associate professors and assistant professors from renowned universities and research institutions at home and abroad.
Teaching & Research Areas
- Philosophy: Chinese Philosophy, Western Philosophy, Logic, Science Philosophy, Aesthetics
- Chinese language and literature: Ancient literature, modern literature, literary theory, comparative literature and world literature, Chinese writing
- History: Chinese history, World history, Historical theory，Art history
- Foreign Language and Literature: Foreign Language studies in English, French, German and Japanese, British and American literature, French literature, German literature, Japanese and literature
* Requirements for Professors, Associate professors
- Excellent academic background, PhD degree, undergraduate and graduate studies should be carried out at renowned universities.
- Capable of continuously publishing high-impact research articles on important or topjournals, outstanding achievements in his/her area of research.
- High academic reputation in relevant area.
- Available for full-time work.
- Teach three or more differentcourses.
* Requirements for Assistant professors
- PhD degree form first-tier universities or first-tier disciplines.
- Proven track record of excellent research capacity and potential, active in academic thinking.
- Research achievements recognized by experts in relevant field, capable of opening at least three different undergraduate courses.
- Available for full-time work.
According to the regulations and evaluation system of Shanghai University of science and technology, we provide highly competitive salary and a comprehensive benefit package. Negotiable for exceptional outstanding candidates.
- Your personal resume with information about education background, work experience, publications, research programs and academic awards.
- Cover letter with brief introduction of your research and teaching experience as well as your future plan.
- Provide detailed contact information of your three referees and we may contact them directly for sending the reference letters if necessary. Please also indicate your relations with the referees.
- 3-5 representative papers or monograph (full text in electronic version)
Please send the above application documents to [email protected]. Our Search Committee will review all the applications and contact you further if you are selected as a qualified candidate.
Thank you for joining in ShanghaiTech!