Introduction to XUST
Xi’an University of Science and Technology (XUST) was initially established in 1958. It is a comprehensive university covering five academic disciplines as Science, Engineering, Management, Literal Arts and Law. XUST now has six colleges and eleven subordinate departments and divisions and a Continuous Education School. The present enrollment of all kinds of students is about 20,000 and it has a powerful group of teachers and professors serving for the school. Quite honorably, XUST had been officially recognized as the Model University and Garden Campus by the Government of Shaanxi Province and won a grade of Excellence in the evaluation of the undergraduate education program conducted by the Ministry of Education. XUST consists of three campuses: Yanta Campus, South Campus and Lintong Campus. Both Yanta Campus and Lintong Campus are serving for teaching and studying, while the South Campus serves as residential quarters for the staff. The South Campus is located in the southern suburb of Xi’an City which enjoys an excellent reputation home and abroad for its rich historic background and glorious cultural heritage. It is only five minutes’ walk to reach the world-famous Tang Dynasty Building– the Big Wild Goose Pagoda and its large –scale- music- fountain- square. The Lintong campus stands in Lintong County which is 30 kilometers away from Xi’an City, where the eighth wonder of the world – the Army of Terra-Cotta-Warriors and Horses of the Qin Dynasty are situated. It takes 30~35 minutes to cover the whole distance by driving and 80 percent of the teaching academic activities is done there. School buses are arranged from 7:00am till 6:00pm every day. Special arrangement can be made upon request.
The duties are to teach English as a foreign language to undergraduate and postgraduate students, 14 sessions/week (plus overtime for a total of 14-16 sessions/week), 45mins/class, no office hours, weekend are off
The school is looking for 2 native English speaking foreign teachers, bachelor degree or above, under 60 years old.
Class size: 25-30 students each class.
Standard Working load: about 14 hours per week.
- 1. Monthly Salary: RMB 8,000 RMB/month base salary; additional 2,000 for overtime, one year contract (base salary only in February, July and August); On-campus housing or housing allowance of 1500/month is available. Salary increase for between 300-500/month per year.
- 2. Lodging and living facilities: An apartment of two bedrooms and one living room is equipped with TV, a computer with internet access, an automatic washing machine, a fridge, a microwave, a set of sofa, air conditioning, bathing & kitchen facilities and etc.
- 3. Traveling fee: RMB 2200 Yuan each academic year. Airfare allowance of 6000 available
- 4. International Fee: Single or round trip when the service is over one year.
- 5. Medical Treatment available within XUST and accident insurance.
- 6. Fees covered : water, electricity, Internet access.
Start Day: September 1st.
Foreign teachers are required to attend classes at 2 campuses in Lintong and Yanta with shuttle bus available