Closing date of applications
13 November 2023
1 August 2024
Date Contract Ends
Ages 4-18 / Whole School
Several Curricula (see description)
3 or more years experience
As the French Language Teacher at ISA Wuhan Campus, you will play a vital role in planning, delivering, and enhancing the learning experience for our students.
Campus-shared positions are utilized to serve two schools on one campus. As the school is growing and shaping the campus shared positions are strategically placed to enhance the campus direction and goals led forward by the Headmaster of ISA Wuhan Campus.
Responsible to: Line Manager / Head of Department / Team Leader and
Job Summary: As the French Language Teacher at ISA Wuhan Campus, you will play a vital role in planning, delivering, and enhancing the learning experience for our students. French Language is provided to native and non-native students at ISA Wuhan. In addition to your responsibilities as a classroom teacher, you will be accountable for upholding high standards across the year groups you teach. Collaboration with other teachers within the department will be essential to ensure continuity and progression in the curriculum.
- Plan, prepare, and deliver engaging French language lessons to students in accordance with the IB curriculum.
- Nurture a positive and inclusive learning environment that encourages student participation and engagement.
- Assess students’ progress regularly and provide constructive feedback to support their development.
- Collaborate with other language teachers to share resources, ideas, and best practices.
- Foster strong communication and establish effective relationships with students, parents, and colleagues.
- Participate in departmental meetings, parent-teacher conferences, and other school events as required.
- Stay updated with the latest educational trends and techniques relevant to French language teaching.
- Native French speaker with fluency in both written and spoken French.
- Relevant bachelor’s degree or higher in French Language Education or a related field.
- Postgraduate Certificate in Secondary Education (PGCSE) /QTS is required.
- Demonstrated experience teaching the IB curriculum is essential.
- Strong classroom management skills and ability to create an engaging learning environment.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to effectively collaborate with colleagues, students, and parents.
- Passion for teaching the French language and inspiring students to develop their language skills.
- Positive attitude, adaptability, and commitment to promoting a positive learning culture.
We offer a competitive salary package and professional development opportunities to support your growth as an educator. If you are a dedicated and experienced French language teacher with a passion for IB education, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes