Chongqing University is one of the Double-First Class Universities in China (Class A, 36 in total). It is highly ranked in Architecture, Engineering, Technology, and Business disciplines. CQU has four campuses with yearly approximate enrollment of 5,000 master and doctoral students, and 6,300 undergraduate students.
School website: http://www.cfl.cqu.edu.cn/xywsy/Home.htm
Position: EFL LECTURER
Institution: Chongqing University, School of Foreign Languages and Cultures
Start: Fall – Academic Year 2022-2023
Hours: 16 hours per week on average;
Duties: Teaching English courses for undergraduate or postgraduate students, including General English, Academic English, English Literature, Critical Reading and writing，Cross-cultural courses and etc.
Bonus: Bonus for extra contribution and high quality academic or teaching research
publication will be provided;
Salary: 157,000 or 197,000 RMB annual income depending on teaching experience and degree plus extra-hour payment;
Vacation: At least 60-day paid vacation, plus public holiday;
Medical: Medical insurance will be provided by the University;
Language: Chinese language training provided upon request at no cost;
Orientation: Orientation to Chongqing and University provided.
- MA or higher in TESOL or Education or English; or
- MS in Sciences + 1 year of full-time EFL/ESL teaching experience at the university level and/or with adult learners in classroom settings; or
- PhD with experience in GE, EAP, ESP, English for Disciplinary Studies (EDS).
- BA in TESOL or related fields, Education, and/or Communication + 2 years of full-time ELT experience at the university level and/or with adult learners in classroom settings; or
- BS in Sciences + CELTA/DELTA or equivalent certificate preferred + 2 years of full-time ELT experience at the university level and/or with adult learners in classroom settings.
Applicants should have experience in materials development, well-rounded knowledge in assessment, and flexibility in working in culturally/socially different settings.
Application Documents Needed:
Please provide the following documents in PDF Form
- Cover Letter
- Photocopy/scan of the Degree(s)
- University transcripts/diploma supplements
To have a clearer picture of the conditions, please visit:
CQU is highly ranked among universities and colleges in China. A member of the prestigious Excellence League, it is one of the Double-First Class universities(Class A) and has been designated a key “national” university. It is particularly noted for Architecture, Engineering, Technology, and Business disciplines and has forged educational exchange links with more than 100 other universities in 20 countries. Internationally recognized for research, the library collection includes more than 4 million volumes.
One of the fastest developing cities in China, Chongqing is located in the South West, at the confluence of the Yangtze & Jialing rivers, and a boat ride from the Three Gorges Dam. Dubbed ‘The Mountain City’, Chongqing has a strong personality that is exemplified by its cuisine. There is an excellent transportation network providing access to cities all over China but also direct international flights to major cities such as London, Dubai, Los Angeles, New York, Sydney, Melbourne, Rome, Kuala Lumpur, Doha and Tokyo.