The University of Electronic Science and Technology of China (UESTC) is one of the leading research Universities of China located in Chengdu, China. The UESTC is a multidisciplinary
research university that covers the whole electronic information discipline with electronic science and technology as its nucleus, and engineering as major strength. In the latest National Discipline Evaluation, both Electronic Science and Technology and Information and Communication Engineering rank No. 1. According to the 2022 US News Best Global Universities Subject Rankings, our featured discipline Electronic Science ranks NO.7 worldwide, Computer Science No. 19 and Engineering No. 46 worldwide as top 1‰ in the newest ESI. Also,
UESTC is renowned in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, Material Science, Neuroscience and Behavior, Biology and Biochemistry, Clinical Medicine, Environment/Ecology, Plant & Animal Science, Geosciences, and Psychiatry/Psychology(top 1% in the ESI). As one of the major innovation hubs of China, UESTC has a wide and strong industrial connections for high-tech translation in the electronic information field.
We are recruiting
The UESTC is now welcoming international faculty at all career stages ranging from outstanding senior scholars to exceptional young scientists and from all backgrounds. We are in particular seeking young and talented researchers for open rank applications in the following fields:
- Information & Communication Engineering
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Industrial Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Instrumentation Science and Technology
- Control Science and Engineering
- Computer Science and Technology
- Aeronautics and Astronautics
- Biomedical Engineering
- Management Science and Engineering
- Business Administration
- Public Administration
Depending on qualification the open rank positions include the following appointments:
1. Full Professor/Research Professor:
Applicants should possess a Ph.D. degree (or equivalent) by a high-level international university with an excellent record of innovation and research productivity. Preference will be given to those who have obtained tenured positions in well-known international universities. A strong commitment to excellence in teaching and mentoring is also required for a full professor position. Strong evidence of ability to acquire and successfully complete extramural funded research projects will be required.
2. Associate Professor/Research Associate professor:
Applicants should possess a Ph.D.degree (or equivalent) by a high-level international university with an outstanding publication records in peer reviewed international journals. Evidence of ability to acquire and successfully complete extramural funded research projects will be an asset.
3. Assistant Professor/Research Assistant professor:
Applicants should possess a Ph.D.degree (or equivalent) by a high-level international university with documented experience in scientific writing with several papers in high-quality journals or other high-quality publication channels. Present an innovative research plan and have sound indicators of potential to perform ground-breaking research as well as attract external funding.
What we offer
- A highly competitive salary commensurate with qualifications and experience will be offered in addition to annual leave and medical benefits.
- Start-up funding and positions to build a team
- Support with resettling e.g. settlement fee
- Education, childcare and access to international schools
- International office with experience in resettling and integrating our foreign research members and their team
- An informal and multicultural research environment with activities and routines that make it possible to talk across and strengthen the collegial relationship, and where mutual trust, respect, kindness, and professional sparring are emphasized
- A cultural center in the southwest of China that combines a lively modern city life surrounded by a stunning natural scenery
- Major transport hub with two airports in full use for numerous international direct flights
Note: The initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of three years as minimum and re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement. (Research) Assistant professors and (Research) Associate professors have the opportunity to apply for personal promotion to a higher-level professorship on a rolling basis.
Please submit the following documents
(1) An up-to-date CV
(2) Copies of diplomas and degrees
(3) A brief cover letter outlining your interest and motivation to apply for this position as well as a summary of the most important research results (2-3 pages)
(4) Contact information of three referees, at least one of the referees should be able to comment on your research/teaching ability and your contribution to research/teaching in your department, while the remaining two should have knowledge of your recent academic or employment
Enquiry and Review
Inquiries about the positions in a specific field can be sent to the school contacts(see appendix）Review of applications will commence as soon as possible and continue until OCT. 30, 2022, or until the post is filled, whichever is earlier.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send the required documents to email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org before Oct. 31, 2022. We are glad to provide services for your application.
Contact: Ms. Dong
Address: University of Electronic Science and technology, No. 2006, Xiyuan Avenue, WestHi-tech Zone, Chengdu 611731, Sichuan, China
Information of Schools: https://en.uestc.edu.cn/Academics/Schools.htm