At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
At PayPal, we put people at the center of everything we do. Founded in 1998, we continue to be at the forefront of the digital payments revolution, processing almost 10 million payments for our customers per day. PayPal gives people better ways to connect to their money and to each other, helping them send money without sharing financial information and with the flexibility to pay using their PayPal account balances, bank accounts, PayPal Credit and credit cards. With our 157 million active digital wallets, we have created an open and secure payments ecosystem people and businesses choose to securely transact with each other online, in stores and on mobile devices. PayPal is a truly global payments platform that is available to people in 203 markets, allowing customers to get paid in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds to their bank accounts in 57 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 26 currencies.
The Global Professional Services Organization is looking for a Global Technical Support Engineer. This position will require a technical understanding of PayPal’s products as well as the ability to analyze and resolve live technical and integration issues. Technical Support Engineers are responsible for providing services to PayPal merchants, developers and internal PayPal teammates. Leadership and adaptability are a key component to this position as it will require building strong relationships across the organization.
- Works directly with developers, merchant and internal teams on post integration issues to provide technical support, consulting and best practices.
- Installation and configuration of payment APIs, and commerce products.
- Conducts test scenarios with code, software, hardware, devices and endpoints.
- Communicates technical issues to PayPal merchants and internal departments.
- Identifies irregularities in functionality and unexpected behaviors with PayPal products and services.
- Develops in-depth technical documents for distribution to PayPal merchants.
- Ability to diagnose and identify issues with API’s, Code, Services, and Network connectivity.
- Supports hardware and software involved with merchant payment processing.
- Supports onboarding of merchants with a payment processing solution.
- On call rotation – Entails covering one weekend 8am-5pm every other month
No travel required.
Our Ideal Candidate:
- Love and understanding of technology, whether it be hardware, software, or other emerging technologies.
- Should feel brave leaping into the unknown and always be able to ask why. (Curious, motivated, self-serving, ability to take risks in a supportive / safe environment).
- Be comfortable with change – agility is key! (Be comfortable with supporting evolving product suite)
- Collaborate with internal and external partners toward problem solving
- Technical trusted advisor for our merchants
- Spends less time worrying about the problem and more time focusing on how to solve it
- Good communicator both written and verbal
- Experience in a role that puts you in direct contact with customers or clients.
- Possess patience and a desire to be a Customer Champion, (Customer empathy and advocacy)
- Bachelor’s degree, or foreign equivalent, in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or closely related quantitative discipline
- Experience in creating and troubleshooting web services, such as SOAP and REST
- Basic understanding of Firewalls, proxy, HTTP Errors, server-side errors, TCP/IP
- Experience with Software Application Debugging and troubleshooting
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.