About GreenPoint Group
GreenPoint Group is a boutique U.S.-China strategic advisory firm with offices in Beijing and Washington,D.C. GreenPoint serves as trusted, long-term advisor to executives of the world’s leading corporations and non-profit organizations. GreenPoint partners with clients to provide advisory and strategy support services to achieve specific client objectives. Clients range from start-up ventures to Fortune 500 firms to leading non-profit organizations, operating in a variety of sectors including retail, consumer products, energy, technology, and education. More information about GreenPoint Group may be found at www.greenpoint-group.com.
Location: Beijing, China
Start Date: Immediate
The candidate will demonstrate excellence as an active member of GreenPoint client teams, preparing deliverables, completing research and analysis related to client objectives, and supporting GreenPoint’sSenior Vice President in client interactions. The candidate will engage directly with client executives. This is not an entry-level position. The candidate will also support the management and delivery of client-ready research products, as well as operations including outreach, marketing, and event planning and logistics.
Responsibilities, Skills, and Experience
Primary responsibilities of the candidate include (but are not limited to) the following:
Client Service and Deliverable Support (approximately 40-50%)
- Serve on client service teams, engaging directly with clients.
- Develop client briefings, research memos, and presentations.
- Support GreenPoint’s Senior Vice President’s interactions with clients.
- Team orientation; highly collaborative.
- Bias towards action, high level of organization, and speed in responsiveness.
- Demonstrated experience in understanding and serving corporate interests as they relate to contemporary Chinese realities and U.S.-China relations.
Research and Market Insight (approximately 40-50%)
- Conduct open source research using Chinese and English language sources.
- Track and analyze policy issues, commercial topics, and client company news.
- Develop briefings, research notes, and presentations.
- Demonstrated analytical and English writing excellence.
- Strong research capabilities generally; ability to efficiently use English and Chinese language sources.
- Ability to effectively organize and manage research and writing processes.
Operations (approximately 10-20%)
- Special Events: Support GreenPoint outreach initiatives including lunch roundtables, web-based outreach videoconferences, website updates, event planning, and other activities.
- Support GreenPoint’s Senior Vice President: Collaborate with Senior Vice President on projects related to outreach, client service, and relationship management.
- Strong work ethic, dependability, and time/project management skills.
- Superior organizational and execution skills.
- Extraordinary attention to detail.
- Tact, maturity, and diplomacy in communication with senior-level leaders in business, government, and academia.
- Very strong computer skills and technology literacy.
We seek candidates who have:
- Personal qualities of humility, team orientation, and flexibility.
- Demonstrated excellence working directly with and providing support to corporate executives.
- Exceptional competencies in cross-cultural communications.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, close-knit work culture.
- Proficient English and Chinese language skills – including reading at a professional level.
- A minimum of three years full-time, relevant work experience.
- Ideally, a Master’s degree in a China-related field of study.
Work Environment: Hybrid work model, combining work in Beijing office and home office.
Remuneration: Competitive and commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications.
Please send a resume and cover letter to Travis Tanner, GreenPoint Group Senior Vice President. Candidates who have distinctive experience and passion for our work – but whose backgrounds differ from this profile – are also encouraged to contact us.