Ningbo British International School (www.nbis.net.cn) seeks to appoint an experienced and dynamic International Principal from August 2023.
NBIS is one school, on one campus, with three sections: Early Years, Primary and Secondary. Each section has a head who is responsible for the daily operations of the section.
The international principal has charge of all three sections.
The international principal works in close collaboration with the Chinese principal, who is also the legal representative of the school. The international principal heads up the Senior Leadership Team comprising:
- International Principal
- Chinese Principal
- Head of Early Years
- Head of Primary
- Head of Secondary
- Head of Chinese
- Head of Administration
- Member of the Board accountable to the Chair of the Board
- Implement the directives of the Board
- Chair the Senior Leadership Team
- Member ex officio of the School Advisory Committee
- Support the Chinese Principal in all aspects of his/her work
- Timely appointment of all international staff and their contracts
- The strategic development of the school
- All daily operations of the school
- The quality of teaching throughout the school and the development of processes through which quality will improve and its scope be broadened
- The curriculum, its development and diversification in line with Board policy
- The authorisations and accreditations of external bodies: Cambridge, SAT, HSK, CIS and others as the school develops
- All school communication with NBIS families
- The profile of the school in the public domain and for building further its reputation for excellence as the international school of choice for expatriates in Ningbo.
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant field
- 8 years’ successful experience as a teacher
- 4 years’ successful experience in a comparable leadership position
- Robust knowledge of the Cambridge Curriculum
- First language speaker of English with advanced writing skills
- Competence in the use of technology
- Highly developed interpersonal skills. NBIS is an authentic international school serving families from over 40 different countries and territories. The principal must have the ability to engage positively with the learning community and to take account of its diverse backgrounds, worldviews, and expectations.
- Gravitas to engage with educational, business and government leaders to represent the interests of the school and extend its profile and influence.
- Mindful and respectful of the language, history, culture and laws of the host country: PR China, with a posture of positive engagement for the benefit of all.
- Warm, open and approachable manner with the capacity to solve problems efficiently and effectively.
- The confidence to challenge mediocrity at every level and to facilitate growth and development.
- A passion for working with students and with teachers, to support their aspirations.
- An energy and sense of purpose which inspires all stakeholders and calls them to follow.
A minimum three-year renewable contract with competitive salary and package will be on offer to the successful candidate.
Send an email to the NBIS HR Department with the following information in a single PDF document:
- CV – no more than 3 pages of A4 – with photograph. Clearly indicate
- Educational qualifications
- Years and places of employment with responsibilities defined beginning with current/most recent
- Particular interests and achievements
- Recent professional development
- The names and contact details of three referees, one of whom must be your current employer (We will not contact them without your prior permission.)
- Letter of application in which you introduce yourself and explain your interest in and suitability for the position.
- Philosophy of Education – No more than 250 words
Please put “International Principal” in the subject line.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications will be considered as they are submitted and the school reserves the right to make an appointment at any time.