Closing date of applications
29 February 2024
12 August 2024
Date Contract Ends
Ages 4-11 / Primary
IB PYP / American
Fixed / Renewable
2 or more years experience
ISA Science City International School is a world IB school providing a balanced education affording the intellectual, physical, emotional, and social growth of all students aged 2 to 18. We are seeking experienced and passionate educator for the position of LibrarianTeacher to start from August 2024
- Plans, teaches, and assesses Inquiry Classes, modeling innovative and research-based instructional best practice.
- Attends weekly Unit of Inquiry meetings.
- Leads the ongoing development of a library collection of books, resources and services to meet the needs of the school programmes and diverse community.
- Maintains a visually and intellectually stimulating learning environment which supports and enhances school programmes.
- Promotes and supports literacy amongst the school community, leading reading and writing workshops/initiatives.
- Supports the implementation of data collection systems.
- Supports the data management and analysis process to support improved instructional practice.
- Leads induction and research skills sessions.
- Supports class visits to the Inquiry Center.
- Contribute to the professional development of the Inquiry Center Team.
- In collaboration with the Inquiry Center Team, organizes and manages special events, author visits, competitions, partnerships, and seminars that promote literacy and the love of reading.
- Promote the Inquiry Center as a focal point for students in support of their learning, research, and love of reading.
- As a member of the Inquiry Center Team, proactively supports colleagues whenever possible, and contributes to the overall operation and development of the department.
- Other duties as required by supervisor.
- University degree and a recognised qualification (such as PGCE) with a major in Library/Information Studies.
- High command of English level.
- Minimum of 2 years of teaching experience, ideally with experience in an international educational setting.
- Experience in teaching second language learners.
- Strong knowledge and/or experience and/or enthusiasm to teach in the IB curriculum framework.
- Curriculum development knowledge.
- Be inter-culturally aware with well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Be committed to ensuring high standards of teaching and learning.
- Be collaborative and able to work as part of a team.
Interested candidates please go to “APPLY FOR THIS JOB“.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend face-to-face and/or skype interview with our recruitment team.
Candidates are requested to provide three referees for pre-employment reference check from current and previous employers. The referees must be the Principal, Head of school or the direct supervisor from the school management team.
ISA is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. Candidates must be prepared to undergo child protection screening and appropriate background check.
Please review with care the candidate pack shared for each specific position.
General Requirements for International Teaching Positions
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in relevant subject area
- A recognized teaching qualification (e.g. BEd, PGCE)
- Minimum two years’ experience of classroom teaching in mainstream education sector
- Previous experience of teaching the IB/A-Level curriculum is preferred, high potential candidates without IB/A-Level experience might be considered
- Well-versed in various teaching resources including digital tools to support and enhance teaching and learning
- Sensitivity to the cultural differences
- A willingness to actively participate in the academic enrichment and co-curricular programmes