LIBRARY OFFICER FOR THE UNIVERSITY LIBRARY
(Reference No.: LIB/LO/09/2022)
The University Library (LIB) of the University of Macau invites applications for the position of Library Officer (Administrative Officer) at a taxable monthly salary ranging from MOP40,040 to MOP50,960 (index 440 to 560).
- Develop, promote and contribute to a research support advisory service to academics on all aspects of scholarly communication and publication processes;
- Handle all aspects of library reference services and activities;
- Organize and conduct library instruction and information literacy programs;
- Assist in the procurement and cataloging of library resources;
- Assist in other projects or administrative work as assigned by superiors.
- Bachelor’s degree (or above) in Library and Information Science or related disciplines;
- At least 5-year full-time work experience related to library reference services, library acquisition and serial control, or library cataloging and classification;
- Teaching experience in library bibliographic instruction or information literacy is an advantage;
- Knowledge in Macau Public Acquisition Law, Library of Congress Classification, FRBR, RDA, MARC21, LC Subject Heading is preferred;
- Be willing to work overtime and on shifts;
- High proficiency in both written and spoken English and Chinese (Cantonese and Mandarin);
- Good communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills.
Notes for application
- Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE on or before 15 September 2022;
- Application screening will be based on requirements listed above. Please indicate the education qualification obtained and describe relevant work experience clearly in the Curriculum Vitae and application form;
- Applicants are required to pay an application fee of MOP300, an application will only be accepted when the application fee is settled by the application deadline. The payment can be made at the Human Resources Section of the University of Macau during office hours or online with “GovPay” payment gateway;
- Macao residents who are in financial difficulties at the time of submission of application as duly verified by the Social Welfare Bureau will be exempted from paying the application fee.
Other contact methods
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: email@example.com
Tel: +853 8822 8406; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The effective position and salary index are subject to the Personnel Statute of the University of Macau in force. The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**