At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
As a Data Engineer, you will be responsible for working on Data and services that are integral to driving PayPal’s IAOD Data Foundation. You will work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation and experimentation are a given.
Typical responsibilities include:
• Design, development, and testing of capabilities delivered via Data
• Design, development, and testing of features/functions delivered via Services
• Collaborating with peers and senior developers both within the team and across the organization
• Working with product managers using agile methodologies to deliver high quality solutions in a fast-paced environment
• Working with operations teams to ensure your data and services are highly available and reliable
• Supporting your data and/or services as and when required on a 24×7 basis
Successful Application Engineers will:
• Be driven to get results and not let anything get in your way
• Have the customer in mind always, working to provide great experiences first and foremost
• Be proactive and anticipate/handle most issues before they blowup
• Exhibit a strong ownership and challenge the status quo when needed. Demonstrate a high level of curiosity and keep abreast of the latest technologies
• Show pride of ownership and strive for excellence in everything they do
• 6+ years of professional software development experience
• Solid Big Data technology skills
• Experience in tech stacks like Hadoop, Spark, Hive and HBase, etc.
• Experience in tech stacks like Java, Sprint Boot, MyBatis, Hibernate, etc
• Exposure to developer operations concepts and tools such as server provisioning, Ansible/Chef/Puppet or Docker
• Exposure to working with Relational and No-SQL databases, and message queues/brokers
• Experience in building and consuming RESTful APIs
• Experience with automation tools, like Jenkins
• Competent in design/implementation for reliability, availability, scalability and performance
• Competent in software engineering tools and best practices.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.