At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
This role offers a unique opportunity to innovate and improve PayPal’s fraud prevention and detection technologies in Global Fraud Risk organization. Design, develop and maintain data-driven solutions for PayPal consumer risk service, our data solution empowers and improves the business decision quality in risk domain.
You will have the opportunity to work with a group of highly caliber software engineers and data scientists across the globe to create trusted data solution and influence the decision-making process at the global scale. You also get exposure to work key partners worldwide to develop your competency to become a true global player.
- Support all engineering project functions such as design, develop, test, release, and operate the platform with full SDLC with Agile methods.
- Works with various business units to understand the business requirement, define the scope, collect and analyze the data and provide the business insight to enable decision making and support worldwide business.
- Able to navigate through a very complicated, large scale ecosystem including applications, both commercial and home grown, network, server, storage etc. to trouble shoot based on request.
- Based on business request, come out with new application ideas and show its proof of concept to evaluators through rapid prototyping.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field with 6+ years of working experience.
- High proficiency in fundamental technical skills (Programming language like Java/Scala/Python; database language like SQL; strong UNIX background, experience in Java framework like Spring).
- Good understanding of database principles beyond just data access and experience in processing data with large scale.
- Strong desire to learn, push the envelope, and share knowledge with others
- Be innovative. Team worker, responsible, delivery-oriented
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.