At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
The Product & Technology, China team is looking for a strong technologist to join the team
Our mission is to deliver a secure, rapidly scalable, and resilient infrastructure foundation that enables PayPal China Products and Services. To do this, we focus on delivering our Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) and empowering our internal teams with the technical capabilities they need, when they need it, to make the very best products for our customers. We apply software engineering principles to the design, delivery, and operation of one of the largest hybrid cloud infrastructures in the world. Every day we drive closer toward our vision of a seamless and frictionless infrastructure as a competitive advantage helping PayPal China win.
Job Description – As Infrastructure Engineer you will be responsible for leading the design, coding and setting the direction of infrastructure foundations operating at massive. Your experience in software engineering, Infrastructure as Code, traditional infrastructure engineering and systems management will be critical to your success in our hybrid cloud journey. As part of the team, you will leverage direct and indirect relationships to influence and engage peers, partners and senior leaders in the company on the direction of the IaaS and Cloud journeys. You will build on your background for designing secure, low latency, highly efficient, highly available Infrastructure-as-a-Service capabilities and will use your passion in these areas to establish yourself as a thought leader. You will be innovative and hands-on as you work on cross functional teams to shape every aspect of PayPal China’s infrastructure.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading PayPal China’s Infrastructure Design, working with Engineering and Product counterparts across the organization.
- Build from the ground up reliable infrastructure to deliver highly scalable services
- Automate the deployment, administration and monitoring of our large-scale environments on premise or in cloud
- Learn about our exciting applications and services and be an active partner in shaping their future
- Work closely with development teams to improve the operability and security of our systems
- Be a leader in developer tools and infrastructure and be willing to make the big bets it will take to move the organization to the next level of efficiency
- Find areas of inefficient practices and redundant or barely differentiated tools and lead efforts to eliminate and standardize so we can move faster
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Manage individual projects priorities, deadlines and deliverables with your technical expertise.
- Mentor and train other team members on design techniques, and coding standards
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- Have datacenter build or operation experience, like to build and operate IAAS in self-build Data Center
- 9+ years of experience in infrastructure design and engineering. Demonstrated experience with Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-Code
- Strong Software Engineering background is required. Experience automating repetitive operational tasks using Python and/or shell. Mastering of at least one development language, such as Python or Java.
- Deep, hands-on experience on managing and operating large-scale systems either on-premise or public cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or other cloud is required
- Hands-on experience with clustering technologies such as Mesos and Kubernetes, containers, and supporting large-scale, performant, distributed systems operating and monitoring.
- Good understanding of IAAS, Deep, hands-on experience with foundational infrastructure capabilities, including HA, DR, Network, Routing, Firewall, DNS, LDAP, Storage, DB, NOSQL, Linux Administration and configuration management
- Experience developing Ansible, Puppet or Salt
- Self and quick learn ability in new technology
Nice to have
- Experience in payments and financial services compliance, regulatory governance, payments ecosystems, payment processing flows is a plus
- Deep, hands-on experience migrating large-scale systems to Azure is a big plus
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.