We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
To establish, operationalize and manage IELTS on Computer National Operational Support Centre and to generate insights and improvement through quantitative and qualitative analyses of operational data, for the purpose of enabling, sustaining and optimizing operation of IELTS on Computer and its scale-up in in mainland China.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
Operational Support Centre Management
• Build up the process, service protocol, service catalogue and service level agreement of the Operational Support Centre which covers services for IELTS on Computer (IOC), Video-call Speaking (VCS), and/or other digital test products or processes.
• Design, develop and deliver higher level team management framework and policies, including working mechanism, management framework, quality assurance and performance management policies and principles for the team
• Manage Support Centre outsource resources and vendor(s)
• Design and deliver the team structure and roles of the team; develop the capacity and skills within the team to deliver agreed service targets
• Lead on process improvement in the team and in up- and/or down-stream processes. Deliver change projects and contribute to higher level transformation programme; manage communication with internal/external stakeholders
• Regularly review and analyse inquiry data to generate business insights and improvement measures to improve quality, efficiency and effectiveness of service
• Manage information created and received in compliance with the British Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK data protection principles and local legislation
• Handle enquiries from customers in a professional and efficient manner as well as meeting the relevant corporate standards.
• Coordinate with national operational function teams to deliver standard supporting service to test venues and quality and efficiency.
• Support in business and service improvement of the Operational Support stream.
• Ensure all duties are delivered in line with the British Council’s policy on Child Protection and Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, and these is taken into account when planning and delivering activity.
• Manage information created and received in compliance with the British Council’s information management standards, policies, the UK data protection principles and local legislation.
Staff Management and Team Development
• Line manage a team of internal staff and outsources, ensuring that they have clear direction and adequate support for their day to day work, and that corporate performance management requirements are fully met
• Develop and/or source training materials and opportunities for staff
Financial and Contract Management
• Manage budget for operational service and support centre
• Manage contracts with outsource vendor(s), support platform vendor(s), and other vendors
Professional Development and other Duties
• Attend trainings, workshops, and other professional development activities as necessary
• Be a core member of local and national management teams, make active contribution to key national projects
• Act as a champion of British Council corporate values including equal opportunities and diversity, child protection, and data protection.
Other Important Features OR Requirements of The Job
Job involves occasional unsocial hours or weekend work. Such requirements will be managed within HR guidelines, including work-life balance policies.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
• Managing teams
• Understanding for quality control
• Customer Service
• Data analysis and process improvement
• Ability to Multitask
• Call Centre/Service Centre Management experiences (desirable)
• Knowledge management skills (desirable)
Role specific skills
Operational Management / Call Centre / Customer Service experience
• Demonstratable experience in Operational Management, Call Centre, Customer Service Centre, or other like-functions.
• Windows Office Suite
• Quantitative and qualitative analytical software and skills
Pay Band: 6 (from CNY 12,000 per month)
Contract Type: Indefinite
Location: Beijing, China
• Undergraduate degree or equivalent
• English B2 (Aptis, IELTS 6 or equivalent)
• Condition of Employment:
Local Direct Hire
Applications are welcomed from candidates currently in this location with a natural right to work.
Applications are also welcomed from candidates currently based in other British Council country offices. However, please note candidates must have a natural right to work in the country, on a permanent basis, as immigration clearance and/or on-going visa support is not provided by the British Council for this role. Relocation support is also not provided.
Closing Date: Sunday, 21 May 2023- 23:59 China Time (GMT +8)
A connected and trusted UK in a more connected and trusted world.
Equality , Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) Statement
The British Council is committed to policies and practices of equality, diversity and inclusion across everything we do. We support all staff to make sure their behaviour is consistent with this commitment. We want to address under representation and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, in particular, but not exclusively, on grounds of ethnicity and disability. All disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview and we have Disability Confident Employer Status. We welcome discussions about specific requirements or adjustments to enable participation and engagement in our work and activities.
The British Council is committed to safeguarding children, young people and adults who we work with.
We believe that all children and adults everywhere in the world deserve to live in safe environments and have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse, maltreatment and exploitation as set out in article 19, UNCRC (United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child) 1989.
Appointment to positions where there is direct involvement with vulnerable groups will be dependent on thorough checks being completed; these will include qualification checks, reference checks, identity & criminal record checks in line with legal requirements and with the British Council’s Safeguarding policies for Adults and Children.
If you have any problems with your application please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note: Applications to this role can only be considered when made through the Apply section of our careers website. Our ‘ASK HR’ email is only to be used in case of a technical issue encountered when applying through the careers website. Emails with supporting statements and CV/Resumes sent to this email address will not be reviewed and will be deleted.