Suzhou, only 30 minutes away from Shanghai by train, is a major tourist city in China that features classic gardens and elegant natural scenery. Suzhou is also an ancient city that has the history of 2500 years with the unique characteristics of the past. The city is renowned for its beautiful bridges, pagodas, meticulously designed gardens which have contributed to its status as a great tourist attraction. Suzhou is one of the most developed cities in China and has convenient domestic infrastructures. Please visit the website at https://www.traveltosuzhou.com/ for more information about the city.
About Soochow University
Soochow University is a key comprehensive university of China located in the historical and picturesque city of Suzhou. It was founded in 1900 by American Missionaries and is one of the earliest universities in China. It offers programs at various levels including Doctorate, Master’s, and Bachelor’s degrees. It has full-time academic staff strength of over 5,000 and about 27,000 undergraduate students. In 2020, it ranks 39th globally and 11th domestically in the Nature Index. It ranks the 18th domestically in the 2020 THE University Ranking.Please visit the official website of the university at http://eng.suda.edu.cn/ (English version) or http://www.suda.edu.cn/ (Chinese version).
About College of Textile and Clothing Engineering
College of Textile and Clothing Engineering currently has majors covering the entire textile and apparel industry chain. At present, the college has one first-level doctoral program, five second-level doctoral and master programs, one post-doctoral research station. Among the 134 faculty members, there are 33 professors, 25 doctoral supervisors and 34 associate professors. There are more than 20 outstanding scientific research and teaching talents, such as members of the State Council Disciplinary Evaluation Group and New Century Talents of the Ministry of Education. The college currently has a National Engineering Laboratory- the National Engineering Laboratory for Modern Silk, a Textile and Clothing Design Experimental Teaching Center, and other national scientific research and talent cultivation platforms. Till now, the college has successively undertaken the National “863”, “973” High-Tech Projects, National Science and Technology Support Plan, National Key Research Projects, National Natural Science Foundation Projects, National Key Research Projects and other major scientific research projects.
Advanced textile materials, Advanced textile manufacturing, Textile chemistry, Fashion design and technology, Flexible and smart textiles.
- Carry out scientific research in the above related disciplines.
- Actively apply for various fund projects, including the Natural Science Foundation of China, China Postdoctoral Science Foundation, Jiangsu Planned Projects for Postdoctoral Research Funds, etc.
- Assist in supervising doctoral and master students.
- Assist the daily research management of the laboratory.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- The applicant should hold a doctoral degree from a world-renowned university for no more than three years and be generally no more than 35 years old.
- The applicant should be a proactive learner, who is professional with teamwork skills. At the same time, he or she should have the ability to conduct research independently.
- The applicant should work full-time at Soochow University for three years.
The total salary during the employment period (3 years) consists of two parts: basic annual salary and the bonus. The total salary of those with excellent performance evaluation is 1 million RMB, the total salary of those with good performance evaluation is 0.8million RMB, and the total salary of those who pass performance evaluation is 0.6million RMB.
- Basic annual salary: 0.2million RMB (pre-tax income after excluding the social insurance and provident fund borne by the university), which is paid monthly.
- Bonuses: paid annually according to the results of performance evaluation. The total amount of bonuses during the employment period for those with excellent performance evaluation is 0.4million RMB, and that for those with good performance evaluation is 0.2 millionRMB.
Additional supporting measures:
- For postdoctoral fellows who have received financial support from National Postdoctoral Innovative Talents Support Program, International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Talent-Introduction Program), International Postdoctoral Exchange Fellowship Program (Dispatch Project), the Hong Kong Scholars Program, Macau Young Scholars Program, Sino-German Postdoctoral Exchange Program, etc. the financial subsidies obtained are not included in the total salary of the University and are distributed in superposition.
- Provide a rental subsidy of 1.0 thousandRMB / month.
- For the postdoctoral fellows with excellent performance, the cooperative tutor will add an additional basic annual salary, and the relevant additional part will not be included in the total salary during the employment period and will be paid additionally.
- The scientific research achievements obtained during the employment period can be rewarded according to the regulations of the University.
- During the employment period, the postdoctoral fellowscan participate in the qualification review for professional and technical positions in accordance with the university’s relevant regulations.
- Those with excellent performance evaluation can be recommended to apply for teaching and scientific research positions in the college.
To apply, please submit the following materials to:
- A full CV and the future research plan;
- Documents to demonstrate your academic achievements (such as copies of your representative publications …);
- At least three letters of recommendation delivered directly by the referees to email@example.com
Ms. Guoli Zhou
Tel.: +86 512-67162531