UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in September 2022:
Candidates with expertise in the following areas: A Media Studies specialist focusing on the impact of media in East Asian societies (such as genders, youth culture, and consumption behavior).
1. PhD degree in Media Studies with a special focus on East Asia, particularly its movie industry, video games industry and/or the interactive media market.
2. Able to teach introductory courses on communication theories and media studies.
3. Able to teach upper-level specialized courses on the impact of media on East Asia societies (particularly genders, youth culture, and consumption behavior).
4. Able to develop new courses that compare the impact of media in East Asia with that in other parts of the world.
5. Able to conduct original research and publish in international journals and presses.
6. Candidates must have PhD degrees in hand and prior teaching experience at undergraduate level.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
All application materials should be submitted in English.