UIC now invites candidates for this position which is expected to be filled in September 2022:
Candidates with expertise in the following areas: A cultural historian of early China specializing in deciphering meanings of excavated artefacts, unearthed texts, and canonized classics.
1. A trained historian with a special focus on early China.
2. Able to teach introductory courses on ancient China and survey courses on Chinese culture and Chinese society.
3. Able to teach upper-level specialized courses on Chinese philosophy and Chinese classical texts.
4. Able to develop new courses that compare early China with ancient civilizations in other parts of the world.
5. Able to conduct original research and publish in international journals and presses.
6. Candidates must have a PhD degree in hand when apply for job, and prior teaching experience is preferable.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and relevant experience. Fringe benefits include housing allowance, leave and social insurance.
Appointment to this position will initially be made on a fixed-term contract of two years. Continuation of appointment beyond the initial term will be subject to mutual agreement.
All application materials should be submitted in English.