Programme Officer/Assistant Programme Officer (PR0171/22-23)
With the mission to provide the best student learning experience for the achievement of HKBU’s graduate attributes, the Office of Student Affairs promotes the development of character, leadership, social and psychological competencies of students, through offering co-curriculum activities and cultivating an active learning campus environment.
The Cultural Literacy Programme (LIVE) is a University-wide programme that provides a platform for students to explore, experience and express their interest in arts and culture.
- Assist in event planning and provide support for execution, marketing and promotion;
- Outreach to the student societies, departments and community to seek collaboration;
- Update website and other online platforms;
- Handle telephone enquiries, prepare reports, bookkeeping and undertake any works related to LIVE and the Office of Student Affairs;
- Handle other ad-hoc duties assigned by supervisor(s); and
- Perform duties on irregular hours, weekends, public holidays and outside the office.
- A bachelor’s degree with at least four years of relevant experience; a strong passion in promoting arts and culture and substantial experience in event management are highly desirable;
- Strong sense of responsibility, self-motivated, proactive and creative, with ability to work as a team and independently, willingness to tackle challenges and able to work under pressure;
- A good command of written and spoken English and Chinese; and
- Sound knowledge of MS Office and Adobe Illustrator is required.
Candidates with less work experience may be considered for the position of Assistant Programme Officer.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to sit for a written test.
The initial appointment will be offered on a fixed-term contract of two years. Re-appointment thereafter will be subject to mutual agreement and availability of funding.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applicants are invited to submit their applications at the HKBU e-Recruitment System (jobs.hkbu.edu.hk). Those who are not invited for interview 8 weeks after the closing date may consider their applications unsuccessful. Details of the University’s Personal Information Collection Statement can be found at http://hro.hkbu.edu.hk/pics.
The University reserves the right not to make an appointment for the post advertised, and the appointment will be made according to the terms and conditions applicable at the time of offer.
Closing date: 6 October 2022