Hainan University is a university constructed towards the aim of being a “world-class discipline”, a key university of “211” program, and a university “jointly constructed by the Ministry of Education and the Provincial Government”.
Founded in March 2000, the School of Tourism of Hainan University is one of the three key colleges with competitive disciplines, which boasts a complete tourism talent training system of “undergraduate – postgraduate – doctoral” and a postdoctoral program. Based on the resources of China’s free trade port and international tourism island, the college enjoys unique policy advantages and industrial resources, being the highest educational institution for tourism talent training in Hainan Province.
To cater to the needs of career development, we are hereby recruiting high-level talents from home and abroad. We sincerely invite talents from home and abroad to join our college and build our college together!
(I) Team Introduction and Post Setting
The college will focus on building four scientific research and innovation teams in line with the discipline construction and development plan of the college relying on the doctoral program of tourism management in the future, and actively cultivate 2-3 scientific research and innovation teams, which include:
1. “High-quality tourism development” team
Team leader: Professor Guo Qiang.
From the perspective of high-quality tourism development, the team believes that five aspects should have been considered, namely, tourism innovation, tourism coordination, tourism sustainable development, tourism openness and tourism sharing, which are studied from the two perspectives of supply and demand, and three specific directions of consumption behavior, tourism supply, cultural and tourism products as well as innovation and creativity of business forms. We plan to bring in 4-6 new members during the “14th Five-year” period who are specialized in tourism management, business administration, management science, marketing, industrial economics, industrial regulation, cultural and creative design and event planning (only for postdoctoral and non-institution personnel from international education), etc.
2. “Tourism consumption behavior and tourism experience” team
Team leader: Professor Xie Yanjun
Based on the advantages of basic tourism theory and tourism experience research, the team carries out research in three specific directions namely tourism experience, tourism consumption behavior and tourism consumption economy. We plan to bring in 3-5 new members during the “14th Five-year” period who have published high-level academic papers in mainstream journals in the fields of tourism experience and theory research, tourism product design and consultation, tourist consumption behavior and tourist consumption economy; applicants who have published related high-level monographs are preferred.
3.“Marine and Island Tourism”team
Team leader:Professor Chen Yangle
Our team focus on the international cooperation in tourism development on Nansha Islands and its surrounding waters, research interests include but not limit to the topic of related dynamic mechanism, games and development paths.Our team intends to recruit 4-6 researchers of E or above class in the disciplines of Tourism Management, Business Administration, Human Geography, Regional Economics, Industrial Economics, International Politics, International Relations and Diplomacy during the 14th Five-Year Plan period.
4.”Scientific Research Team of Innovative Tourism Formats”team
Team leader: Professor Geng Songtao
Based on the strengths of the research on innovative tourism and event industry, the team intends to conduct further research in the following directions: 1) Research on new and innovative tourism industry (including but not limited to medical tourism, rural tourism, cultural tourism, red tourism, study tourism, etc.); 2) Research on the MICE tourism and MICE urban competitiveness; 3) Research on event sustainability and smart event; 4) Research on national parks and forest ecotourism. Based on the close academic ties with domestic and international tourism and event research teams, the team will actively undertake national, provincial and ministerial vertical projects as well as horizontal projects of enterprises and institutions. Sincerely invite domestic and foreign scholars, who interested in the area, from relevant disciplines to join the team. The aim is to introduce 5-8 high-level talents in the future.
5. “Marine Tourism Carbon Sink” team
Team leader: Professor Wang Fengxia
The team is based on the theory and practice of tourism carbon sink research, the main research directions include: tourism carbon emission index, mechanism and calculation; Tourism carbon sink capacity assessment; Spatial-temporal evolution and driving mechanism of tourism carbon source/sink; Explore the path of realizing tourism carbon sink. 2 to 4 talents will be recruited during the “14th Five-year Plan”. The doctoral and post-doctoral candidates are expected to specialize in tourism management, geography, finance, management, Remote Sensing & Geographic Information System or related fields. The candidates who have published high-level academic papers are preferred.
6. “National park management” team
Based on the theory of tourism and related disciplines, the team, with the introduction of a team leader, focuses on the construction practice of China’s national parks, especially the investment, development, construction and management practice of Hainan national parks, and focuses on the operation management and innovative development of national parks, the policy system and implementation path of national parks, and the planning theory and technology support of national parks. For the requirements of team leader, please refer to Annex 11 Management Measures for Scientific Research and Innovation Teams of Humanities and Social Sciences in Hainan University.
Email: [email protected]
(II) Types and Tasks of the Posts
1. Types of posts
(1) High-level talents: for details, please refer to the Measures for the Implementation of Talent Introduction Standards and Treatment of Hainan University (Trial) (for talent classification, please refer to the Standards for the Classification of High-level Talents of Hainan Free Trade Port (2020)). Applicants need to fill in the “Application Form for Hainan University High-level Talents Introduction ” (including the leader of the leading team; for requirements of leaders, refer to the Management Measures for Scientific Research and Innovation Team of Humanities and Social Sciences of Hainan University.)
(2) Pre-employed teachers: for details, please refer to the Administrative Measures for Pre–employed Teachers of Hainan University (Trial). Applicants need to fill in the Application Form for Hainan University High-level Talents Introduction.
(3) Post-doc: Post-doc of business Administration, Law. For details, please refer to Hainan University Postdoctoral Management Measures + year-end performance of the research group. Applicants should fill in the Approval Form for Admission of Postdoctoral Candidates of Hainan University.
(4) Flexible talents: for details, please refer to the Implementation Measures for Flexible Introduction of High–level Talents of Hainan University. Applicants are required to fill in the Approval Form for Flexible Talents Introduction of Hainan University.
(5) Non-institution teachers from international schools: For treatments, please refer to the “high-level talents”, which can be higher. Salary and other benefits will be negotiated on a case-by-case basis. Applicants need to fill in the “Application Form for Hainan University High–level Talents Introduction “.
2. Tasks of the Posts
The team tasks are detailed in the “Management Measures for Hainan University Humanities and Social Sciences Research and Innovation Team “. The team generally should at least meet the per capita requirements and make corresponding contributions to the team’s large projects and achievements.
The support mode of “one person, one negotiation” can be implemented for those with outstanding achievements in various posts.
(III) Salary and Welfare
See Annex 2, 3, 4 and 5 for the salary and welfare for talents of different post types. The salary and welfare offered by Hainan University include but are not limited to:
1. Salary with high international competitiveness. The basic annual salary system is adopted for teaching and research positions, and its salary system consists of the following parts:
Basic annual salary – the basic annual salary of the corresponding grade is provided by the college according to the position offered by the college;
Talent allowance – high-level talent can get talent allowance of corresponding level provided by the college;
College performance bonus – according to the discipline competitiveness and the annual budget, the college will make overall planning and allocation independently;
Research performance bonus – according to the research projects and papers published by individuals, they can get corresponding research performance awards.
2. Research funding of 50,000-3,000,000 yuan will be granted to researchers to create conditions for them to engage in high-level research (The funding for research of master talents will be discussed in person).
3. Sufficient office space and other good academic support conditions will be provided for teaching and research personnel; all teaching and research personnel are qualified for postgraduate enrollment.
4. Hainan University Hospital provides high-quality medical service for teaching staff.
5. The university provides quality basic education guarantee from kindergarten to junior high school for the children of teaching staff.
6. The staff of the college can enjoy meal allowance when they have meals in the canteen.
(IV) Professional Title Recognition and Evaluation
1. The measures for the direct recognition of senior professional titles by international talents and high-level talents are detailed in the Interim Measures for the Direct Recognition of Senior Professional Titles by International Talents and High-level Talents of Hainan University.
2. For the evaluation of other professional titles, please refer to the Measures for the Evaluation of Professional and Technical Qualifications of Hainan University (Trial).
(V) Recruitment Procedures
1. Online registration:candidates can log in the recruitment system of the school to register，the url:http://zp.hainanu.edu.cn/.
According to the team you are applying for, send the above materials to the college recruitment email:[email protected], the email shall be synchronously copied to [email protected]. The subject of the email should indicate desired position and name of applicant.
2. Qualification examination: the college previews the qualification of candidates and recommends outstanding candidates for interview.
3. Organize interview: organize interview in a flexible way according to different levels.
① Content of interview: the candidates’ competence for the position and comprehensive quality.
② Form of interview: the candidate will comprehensively introduce his/her academic background, research field, representative achievements and plans for future research (15 minutes); and give a lecture or trial lecture on a special topic (15 minutes).
③ Time of interview: after passing the qualification examination, the college will start the interview process within two weeks!
4. Report to the college for examination after the candidate passes the interview, the college will report to the university in time for examination; the university will give the candidate a reply on whether to employ or not according to different types of talents.
The post information is valid all the year round, and applicants may apply at any time.
(VI) Contact Us
Address: Office 8-204, Tourism College, Hainan University, No. 58 Renmin Avenue, Haikou City, Hainan Province
Tel.: 0898-66258711 (Ms. Wang)
1. Standards for the Classification of High-level Talents of Hainan Free Trade Port (2020)
2. Measures for the Implementation of Talent Introduction Standards and Salary of Hainan University (Trial)
3. Administrative Measures for Pre–employed Teachers of Hainan University (Trial)
4. Hainan University Postdoctoral Management Measures
5. Implementation Measures for Flexible Introduction of High–level Talents of Hainan University
6. Application Form for Hainan University High-level Talents Introduction
7. Approval Form for Admission of Postdoctoral Candidates of Hainan University
8. Approval Form for Flexible Talents Introduction of Hainan University
9. Interim Measures for the Direct Recognition of Senior Professional Titles by International Talents and High-level Talents of Hainan University
10. Measures for the Evaluation of Professional and Technical Qualifications of Hainan University (Trial)
11. Management Measures for Scientific Research and Innovation Teams of Humanities and Social Sciences in Hainan University