Shanxi Agricultural University is a national university with a history of 111 years, located in Taigu city in central China. SXAU is a multidisciplinary university offering a wide range of undergraduate, Masters and Ph.D. courses in agronomy, animal science, forestry, horticulture, engineering, arts, sciences and technology, management. The campus is well known for having both contemporary and traditional architecture, and is renowned as a “garden campus” with trees and flowers growing throughout the campus. The university provides a competitive salary and benefits, including a free well-furnished apartment on campus, health insurance, travel allowance, and round-trip airfare.
The university is 1 kilometer away from the Taigu Bus Station and Railway Station. It takes 3-4 hours from Taigu to get to Beijing or Xi’an by high-speed train. There are 10-shuttle trains toward Beijing and Xi’an separately everyday. Bus services from the campus to Taiyuan are available every morning and afternoon. Pingyao, the World Culture Heritage site, is only 20 kilometers from the campus. It only takes 4 hours’ trip to another World culture Heritage site, Datong. The trips to many interesting places, e.g. Wutai Mountain, Jin Temple and Qiao Mansion, are extremly convenient.
I. Job Description
- 1. Work load: 14 hours (7 times per week, Monday through Thursday)
- 2. Teach English courses for Masters, PhD students, English-Major Students, selective undergraduates and teachers who are selected to go abroad; edit and proofread academic papers for teachers.
- 1. Native English speaker
- 2. Bachelor degree
- 3. Committed to high quality teaching
- 4. Willing to help students with their understanding and use of English
- 5. TESOL certificate
- 1. Month salary is above 8,500 RMB (please note: this salary is more than sufficient to live comfortably in Taigu)
- 2. We also offer free accommodation (a living room, bedroom, kitchen and bathroom). The standard room is supplied with TV, refrigerator, telephone, Internet access and furniture. The fees of electricity, water, heating, telephone and Internet are paid by SAU.
- 3. Inexpensive lunches are supplied in the cafeteria attached to the Foreign Affairs Office on weekdays.