Apply for this job now
Research Assistant (Chemistry or Chinese Medicine field) for the Macao Centre for Testing of Chinese Medicine
Chemistry or Chinese Medicine
(Reference No.: ICMS/MCTCM/RA/CHEM/03/2023)
Established in 2002, the Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences (ICMS) is an academic centre of excellence in Chinese medicine as well as biomedical and pharmaceutical sciences in the region. It hosts the State Key Laboratory of Quality Research in Chinese Medicine, as well as Macao Centre for R&D in Chinese Medicine and Macao Centre for Testing of Chinese Medicine. The Macao Centre for Testing of Chinese Medicine (MCTCM) of the ICMS invites applications for the position of Research Assistant. More details about the Institute are available at https://sklqrcm.um.edu.mo/.
- Maintain the laboratory environment & safety;
- Assist in testing and method verification for Chinese Medicine refer to Chinese Pharmacopoeia 2020;
- Assist in other laboratory related activities.
Initial appointment is up to 12 months with a possibility of renewal subject to funding availability and mutual agreement.
- Bachelor’s degree or above, major in Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical, Pharmaceutics, Chinese Medicine or related discipline;
- Fresh graduates are welcome;
- Experience on operating HPLC/LC-MS/GC/GC-MS/TLC or pharmaceutical equipment is preferred;
- Experience on testing in Chinese Medicine or relevant research or working experience would be an advantage;
- Responsible, motivated and initiative personality;
- Good command of English and Chinese;
- Good communication skills and ability to work well within a team environment.
The selected candidate is expected to assume duty as soon as possible.
Remuneration offered will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions. Basic medical benefits are available at a low cost.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details, and apply ONLINE. For application, please fill in the ONLINE application form and upload the cover letter and detailed Curriculum Vitae. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
For enquiries, please contact the Institute of Chinese Medical Sciences, University of Macau at email@example.com.
Website: https://sklqrcm.um.edu.mo/; Tel: +853 8822 4515
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**