Apply for this job now
Research Assistant in Biomedical Research
(Reference No.: FHS/RA/03/2023)
Established in 2013, the UM Faculty of Health Sciences offers a range of undergraduate, master’s and doctoral programs. The faculty focuses on ten research themes including cancer precision medicine, stem cells and development. Since its establishment, the faculty has achieved many high-quality scientific research outputs, and its influence in the international biomedical field has continued to increase. Ren-He Xu, Distinguished Professor and Associate Dean of the faculty, has been engaged in the research and application of human pluripotent stem cells for a long time. As the chief scientist, Professor Xu has recently won a Macau Science and Technology Fund (FDCT) key project and a National Key Research and Development project of the Ministry of Science and Technology and has carried out in-depth basic and clinical research on stem cells. To strengthen the management of his scientific research projects and laboratory, Professor Xu’s laboratory is now recruiting for the position of research assistant.
- Managing a research laboratory including but not limited to operating and maintaining laboratory equipment and apparatus, procurement, safety assurance etc.;
- Assisting in research grant application, execution and prepare respective reports;
- Communicating and coordinating with collaborators in related to the research projects or activities;
- Assisting in organizing research conferences and symposia.
Initial appointment is up to 12 months with a possibility of renewal subject to funding availability and mutual agreement.
- A bachelor’s degree or above in science is preferred;
- At least 2 years of experience in the management of biomedical laboratory and scientific research funding;
- Good communication skills and interpersonal skills, experience in organizing event and symposium is preferred;
- Good command of Chinese and English.
The selected candidate is expected to assume duty in 2023.
A taxable annual remuneration starting from MOP240,000 will be commensurate with the successful applicants’ academic qualification and relevant professional experience. The current local maximum income tax rate is 12% but is effectively around 5% – 7% after various discretionary exemptions.
Applicants should visit https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/ for more details and apply ONLINE. Review of applications will commence immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants may consider their applications not successful if they are not invited for an interview within 3 months of application.
Human Resources Section, Office of Administration
University of Macau, Av. da Universidade, Taipa, Macau, China
Website: https://career.admo.um.edu.mo/; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +853 8822 8589; Fax: +853 8822 2412
The University of Macau reserves the right not to appoint a candidate.
***Personal data provided by applicants will be kept confidential and used for recruitment purpose only***
** Under the equal condition of qualifications and experience, priority will be given to Macao permanent residents**