Key Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Providing research assistance to professors, including collecting data, analyzing data, and building mathematical models in the area of information systems;
2. Replicating research papers assigned by the supervisor;
3. Assisting in tutorials for undergraduate courses;
4. Preparation of teaching materials/classes;
5. Student consultation/supervision and coordinating student academic activities;
6. Undertaking other assignments assigned by the supervisor.
The job will provide employees decent training in research and teaching. In general, we expect 50% work related to research assistance and 50% related to teaching assistance. Employees will have the opportunity to work closely with our world-class faculty members and build up academic connections. Therefore, we especially welcome applicants who want to pursue a teaching career or apply for a PhD program.
Qualifications and Requirements:
1. A bachelor’s or higher degree in information systems, economics, statistics, mathematics, industrial engineering, operations research, computer science, or any other related field;
2. Good communication skills;
3. Fluent English, both written and spoken;
4. The ability of working independently, as well as the spirit of team work;
5. Preferably the knowledge of econometrics, optimization, mathematical modeling, data mining, and/or Python and R programming.
About the School：
School of Management and Economics (SME), CUHK-Shenzhen was established in 2014, with a mission to advance our understanding of economics and management and to develop innovative, forward-thinking, globally-minded, and principled leaders who strive for the betterment of business and society.
Consistent with our mission, SME attaches great importance to both research and teaching and is one of the few AACSB accredited business schools in China. Student recruiting is also highly selective. The SME student body ranks in the top 1% across China, equivalent to the very best Chinese universities, and our students truly treasure opportunities for international experience and exposure.
SME currently has more than 100 faculty members, all recruited from overseas with PhD degrees from internationally renowned universities with strong research backgrounds. Most senior faculty of SME have experience of working as tenured professors in overseas universities, such as Princeton University, University of Southern California, Ohio State University, University of Arizona, University of Florida, University of Georgia, University of New South Wales, University of Hong Kong, and The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Shatin. For more information, please visit our website https://sme.cuhk.edu.cn/.
Salary and Benefits
Salary will be competitive, commensurate with qualifications and experience. Appointments will be made under the establishment of CUHK-SZ and statutory benefits will be provided according to the prevailing labor laws applicable in the PRC. The appointee will be based at the University campus in Shenzhen, PRC.
Please send full curriculum vitae together with copies of qualification documents, and up to three references (optional for initial screening) by email to: email@example.com