At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
• You will conduct a holistic risk review of Merchants in the Business Seller Segment through various workflows. (including but not limited to case, phone, email, PET channels)
• Your holistic review will include a balanced approach of assessing risk and the merchant experience.
• You will interact proactively and educate the merchant while making strong decisions which will balance Risk and Experience.
• You will be working independently and within a team environment to serve as a credible partner that makes sound decisions.
• You will drive stronger Merchant engagement through your interactions with our customers.
• You will take ownership of impact of your decision and the overall merchant experience.
A typical day for the Merchant Risk Consulting Specialist
- You will conduct a holistic risk review of Merchants in the Business Seller Segment through various workflows. (including but not limited to case, phone, email, PET channels)
- Your holistic review will include a balanced approach of assessing risk and the merchant experience.
- You will interact proactively and educate the merchant while making strong decisions which will balance Risk and Experience.
- You will be working independently and within a team environment to serve as a credible partner that makes sound decisions.
- You will drive stronger Merchant engagement through your interactions with our customers.
- You will take ownership of impact of your decision and the overall merchant experience.
What does Success Look Like?
- Your critical thinking is E2E to understand the full Merchant Life Cycle evaluating Identity, Intent, Business Model, and Financial Stability of our merchants.
- You develop the full “merchant story” within your review process to validate and understand the Merchants situation.
- You wear several “hats” – Risk, Relationship Manager, Sales, Negotiator, and Investigator
- You will work towards understanding Industry risk idiosyncrasies
- You are working to have Global awareness of process alignment and economy implications
- You always put yourself in the merchant’s shoes and act as a strong partner.
- You have the ability to effectively communicate outcomes, build relationships and consult with our Merchants.
- You are fluent in English and Regional Language
- You have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- You have a Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- You have an ability to function in multiple queues covering a variety of tasks with a sense of urgency and follow-through.
- You have strong working knowledge of external systems and PC based internet and software applications (e.g. Internet, Microsoft Office).
- You are creative, good at learning on the fly, have strong customer focus and problem solving skills and you operate with integrity.
You Might Also Have
- An ability to be comfortable working within ‘gray’ areas of policy where outstanding decision making quality is present.
- An ability to learn and adapt to new software technologies.
- The ability to work independently with a strong drive for results.
- Experience with conflict management and interpersonal skills.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at email@example.com.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.