South China University of Technology, Guangzhou International Campus (GZIC, SCUT), seeks “Full-Time English Language Teachers,” to fill multiple positions.
English Language Teachers-focusing on English for academic purposes including reading, writing, listening, speaking, and technical communication for science and engineering undergraduates.
- (1)Must currently be in China, with a valid visa.
- (2)Minimum of a BA degree or higher.
- (3)Three-plus years of English language teaching experience in prestigious institutions. TEFL/TESOL certificate preferred.
- (4)Native English speaker.
- (5)Excellent communication skills.
- (6)Team player.
- (7)Flexible and adaptable.
- (8)Age under 60 and in good health.
03 Work Responsibilities & Benefits
- ① Delivering lectures for no less than 176 class hours per semester (11 teaching weeks, 45 minutes per session) , two semesters annually for a minimum of 352 class hours.
- ② Approximately 32 class hours annually for One-on-one tutorials at the Language Center, participation in English Corner, proofreading, etc..
Competitive annual salary (paid monthly), depending upon experience and academic level. Package includes all national holidays. The university offers an on-campus apartment for rent or an allowance for off-campus living. SCUT provides health insurance, assistance with obtaining Work and Residential Permits. Faculty have access to exercise facilities (for a slight fee), and inexpensive meals (20-25 CNY) at campus canteens.