At PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL), we believe that every person has the right to participate fully in the global economy. Our mission is to democratize financial services to ensure that everyone, regardless of background or economic standing, has access to affordable, convenient, and secure products and services to take control of their financial lives.
You will face the complex big data challenges or problems for compliance domain, which turns the big data to more valuable business insights. You do not only understand the data deeply but also develop the enterprise-level big data solutions for massive data and various types of data for more business insights with high ATB, SLA, and short latency.
- Design and develop sophisticated big data solution like large scale graph processing and near-real time data processing.
- Design and develop interactive data service to support sophisticated real time graph compution, metric calculation and OLAP query.
- Work with the top engineering talents to solve the tech challenges in enterprise data domain including high throughput, low latency and high availability or stability using the cutting-edge big data technology e.g. Spark, Flink, HBase, Druid and so on.
- EE/CS or related majors. Bachelor and above.
- 3+ years working in data engineer or a similar role.
- Solid Java or Scala programming skills.
- Good understanding of database principles and SQL beyond just data access.
- Experience in data solutions with big-data technologies including open-source data processing frameworks (e.g. Spark, Flink, Gigraph) and NoSQL database (e.g. HBase, ES, Druid).
- Strong communication skills in Oral and Written English.
- Experience in design and implementation of REST-APIs and SpringBoot
- is a big plus.
- Experience in OLAP system (e.g. Druid) is a big plus.
At PayPal, we’re committed to building an equitable and inclusive global economy. And we can’t do this without our most important asset—you. That’s why we offer benefits to help you thrive in every stage of life. We champion your financial, physical, and mental health by offering valuable benefits and resources to help you care for the whole you.
We have great benefits including a flexible work environment, employee shares options, health and life insurance and more. To learn more about our benefits please visit https://www.paypalbenefits.com
Who We Are:
Click Here to learn more about our culture and community.
PayPal has remained at the forefront of the digital payment revolution for more than 20 years. By leveraging technology to make financial services and commerce more convenient, affordable, and secure, the PayPal platform is empowering more than 400 million consumers and merchants in more than 200 markets to join and thrive in the global economy. For more information, visit paypal.com.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you are unable to submit an application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As part of PayPal’s commitment to employees’ health and safety, we have established in-office Covid-19 protocols and requirements, based on expert guidance. Depending on location, this might include a Covid-19 vaccination requirement for any employee whose role requires them to work onsite. Employees may request reasonable accommodation based on a medical condition or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.