Senior Lecturer/ Lecturer in International Tourism Management
Surrey International Institute, located on DUFE campus, is an academic partnership between the University of Surrey in the United Kingdom and Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE) in Dalian. Along with other distinguished programmes, the growing International Tourism Management Programme has an established international reputation.
Dongbei University of Finance & Economics (DUFE), founded in 1952, is one of the leading universities in China in the areas of finance, economics, management and tourism.
While the role, as part of a highly international team of fellow academics, is to teach University of Surrey programmes at Surrey International Institute, the appointment will be made by Dongbei University of Finance and Economics.
The role will be required to teach tourism management modules as part of the BSc International Tourism Management Programme of the University of Surrey, delivered at its SII campus in Dalian, China. This programme has a tourism business focus, and the successful candidate should ideally have experience of delivering modules related to tourism and general business management.
- At least a doctoral degree (or near completion) in Tourism Management or a relevant tourism, hospitality or events discipline or a master’s degree and extensive industry experience.
- Ability to deliver lectures and explain complicated concepts in English.
- Proven experience and capability to deliver high quality teaching and research output.
- Experience and knowledge of UK higher education system would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated specialist knowledge and/or professional working experience in relevant fields would be an advantage.
- Our ideal candidate will have proven university teaching and research skills, along with relevant professional experience:
- Contributing to the development of the taught courses across our undergraduate or postgraduate programs and the delivery of a qualified student learning experience;
- Engaging in course design and management, curriculum review and new course validation processes;
- Participating in and support the accreditation journey of the school, providing teaching, learning and administrative support to the school as a member of Tourism Management Department;
- Undertaking any such other duties within the scope of the post as may be requested by the director.
- We are offering a very competitive salary package that matches those of the best universities in China.
- The salary offered will be commensurate with the candidate’s qualifications and experience, but will compare favorably with leading Chinese Universities.
- Expatriate benefits will be available to eligible applicants, such as accommodation allowance, a relocation allowance, medical insurance and paid leave.
- All academic faculties are engaged in research activities and provide research funds for fieldwork, conference attendance and rewards for publications in academic journals.
To apply, please send your CV, cover letter, main page of your passport and 2 reference letters of former employers to email@example.com.
Only the applicants who meet our criteria could get the reply from us.
Applications will be processed on receipt until the posts are filled.
For further questions on the advertised positions, please contact:
Ms. Wang Linfei (Nina)
Surrey International Institute (SII)
Dongbei University of Finance and Economics (DUFE)