Brief Overview of Role
We are currently seeking qualified substitute teachers and specialists. Candidates must be in Beijing, have excellent English communication skills, and hold a college or university degree. Pertinent teaching/work experience would be highly advantageous.
Note that we are able to employ substitutes who are on an S1 visa (dependent visa).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Actively promote the well-being of all students and be familiar with, and uphold all, safeguarding policies and reporting lines and procedures within the college.
- Take responsibility for upholding health and safety practices, completing risk assessments/near misses or accident reports as appropriate.
- Undertake student supervisory duties as required and necessary, ensuring effective ‘duty of care’.
- Supervising work that has been set by the class teacher in accordance with the school’s teaching and learning policy.
- Responding to any questions from students about process and procedures.
- Follow behaviour management policy and procedures, focused on positive behaviour and restorative solutions.
- Collecting any completed work after the lesson and returning it to the appropriate teacher.
- Reporting back as appropriate using the school’s agreed referral procedures on the behaviour of students during the class, and any issues arising.
- Collaborate effectively with colleagues within the School and across the college.
- Supervise students during break time or lunch time, in and around the school in the public areas.
- Supervise students during single day residential trips.
Qualification and Experience Required
- Bachelor or above degree is required
- PGCE or QTS are required or teaching license from UK countries or TESOL TEFL and CELTA are required
- PRC pensioner or Native English Speaker
Dulwich College International is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all the students in our care and expects all applicants to share this commitment. We follow safe recruitment practices which are aligned to the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection. We hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. All appointments are subject to an interview, identity checks, criminal record checks, and successful references.
Contact email for application : firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com