Talent-wanted for German Language Foreign Teacher
School of International Studies, Communication University of China
School of International Studies, Communication University of China is looking for people who can inspire students, teachers who are forward thinking and colleagues who want to work collaboratively.
1. About School of International Studies
School of International Studies, Communication University of China, is one of the earliest institutes engaging in the teaching and researches of foreign languages and cross-cultural studies. With the enduring efforts made by generations of scholars in the past 70 years, the School has built strong academic traditions and accumulated invaluable historical experiences and thus made itself as a leading and influential teaching and research base in the fields of foreign languages and cross-cultural studies in China. The SIS had its roots in the department of foreign languages founded in 1950s. Over the past 70 years, SIS has established 23 majors in foreign languages, translation and cross-cultural studies. In December 2017, School of International Studies, CUC launched English Taught MA and PhD programs in Cross-cultural studies. Currently, The SIS offers 22 majors for undergraduate students, 5 MA programs, and English taught MA and PhD programs in cross-cultural studies.
2. Job Description
It’s a full-time job. Working location is in School of International Studies, Communication University of China. German foreign teachers will be recruited. The teaching time will be 16 weeks per semester, and about 6-8 credit hours per week. Courses which will be taught at undergraduate level are Oral German, writing etc.
3. Required Qualifications
(1) Abide by the laws of the People’s Republic of China and regulations of Communication University of China;
(2) Observe relevant customs and ethics, no criminal record, no violation record of any type of law or regulation;
(3) Native language is German language, the age should be under 60 years old;
(4) Minimally a Master’s Degree or possess the rank of an associate professor. Minimally two years of full-time working experience in German language and literature teaching.
(5) Meet all the requirements for applying for a work permit in China.
4. Job Benefits
(1) The International Office shall pay the monthly salary on time before the end of each month. The salary shall be agreed upon according to the applicant’s qualifications and work experience.
(2) Foreign teachers who meet the employment requirements and have no housing can apply for on-campus accommodation.
(3) After working for half a year, foreign teachers can be reimbursed for a round-trip ticket every year. The tickets are purchased by foreign teachers and reimbursed by the International Office with the invoice.
(4) Foreign teachers enjoy the Beijing social security in accordance with the law, as well as the free medical treatment of the school hospital. At the end of each year, the outpatient expenses can be reimbursed with the receipt of the school hospital.
5. Required Documentation
Applicants should send the following materials to the email address listed below:
(1) Resume (In Both Chinese and English).
(2) Scanned copy of academic credentials and certificates.
(3) Scanned copy of Passport Biographical Page (Bio Page).
(4) Certificates of relevant work experience.
(5) Scanned copy of supporting documents regarding personal achievements.
(6) A recent photo.
From now to May 31
7. Contact Information
Contact person: CHENG Wei,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com