Shell Catalyst and Technologies (SC&T) has an opening for a Technical Service Engineer (TSE) to support its residue hydroprocessing catalyst business. In this role, the individual will provide technical support for Fixed and Ebullated Bed resid units including performance estimates, loading and start-up, unit monitoring and troubleshooting.
This role reports to the Senior Technical Solutions Manager Resid and is based in China, Singapore, or India.
SC&T is a customer facing organization that brings high value, differentiated technologies to the market. These technologies include a portfolio of hydroprocessing catalysts from its refining catalyst line. The TSE role supports the sale of these catalysts through their entire lifecycle by providing best-in-class technical service. The role is highly customer focused, requiring commercial skills in addition to technical capabilities. Our culture in SC&T is one of Humility, Curiosity, Commercial Excellence, Determination, but above all putting the customer first.
The TSE will be accountable for providing technical and sales support associated with resid hydroprocessing catalyst customers. They will be a member of a global technical support team and will work closely with sales on specific customer accounts. Specific role functions include:
- Develop catalyst performance estimates and complex technical proposals in response to customer requests
- Support customers during catalyst loading, activation, and start-up
- Add value to customer operations via unit monitoring, data analysis, case studies and troubleshooting
- Build collaborative working relationships with customer’s technical staff, achieve a position of trusted advisor with the customer
- Gather key insights on customer needs and drivers and competitive feedback from market
- Document successes that customers achieve with SC&T catalysts and technical support and share knowledge gained from these successes within the organization, helping to further strengthen SC&T’s technical and commercial positions
What we need from you?
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in refinery technical, operations or planning or in hydroprocessing technology delivery (process design, licensing)
- Strong technical and problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose unique and challenging operational issues
- High degree of confidence with the ability to earn the trust of experienced and knowledgeable refinery personnel
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Strong commercial skills in the area of 4D (discover, diagnose, develop, deliver)
- Ability to travel 30% of the time
- Organizational skills to multi-task and manage several projects and customers at the same time