I. About the School
The Computer Science program at Nanjing University is one of the earliest established, and also one of the most successful, in China. Its strengths in software engineering, machine learning, and other areas have received wide national and international recognitions. In particular, the State Key Laboratory for Novel Software Technology has been consistently ranked as the best computer science laboratory by the Ministry of Science and Technology of China for 15 years.
The Department of Computer Science and Technology currently has a BS, a MS, and a PhD program. Its faculty conduct active research in areas such as novel programming and software methodologies, machine learning and intelligent information processing, distributed computing and system security, media computing and content processing, and theoretical computer science. Faculty members have been elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences, the Academia Europaea, as well as Fellow of important organizations like ACM, AAAI, and IEEE.’
The Department of Computer Science and Technology of Nanjing University invites applications for tenure-track and tenured faculty positions in all areas of computer science. There is one opening at the level of tenured associate professor, and four at the level of tenure-track assistant professor.
The applicant should
(1) Compliance with law and regulations of the People’s Republic of China, devoted to teaching and research;
(2) Good professional ethics and noble individual virtues, abide by the academic norms, work with due diligence, have no criminal record and have no record of violating teaching ethics and academic ethics;
(3) have a first-rate background in academic training, specifically, have a PhD degree in computer science or a related area, experience in studying and/or working at first-rate teaching and research institutions, postdoctoral experience at world leading institutions will be a plus. And have knowledge of the latest international trends and development in the relevant research field(s). The applicant for Assistant Professor should have engaged in academic research for more than two years after receiving the doctoral degree;
(4) have outstanding teaching abilities—a strong record of research publications and demonstration of teaching ability are also essential. The applicant should be able to teach core and frontline courses in the corresponding discipline, and have sound teaching methodology and strong verbal skills;
(5) demonstrate outstanding research output and potential—the applicant should have publications in his/her field of research, original ideas about relevant fields of research, a clear vision about future research plans, and good potential for further academic development.
IV. Application Materials Required
(1) Cover letter (specifying research direction and position level);
(2) Curriculum Vitae (including a publication list);
(3) Research Statement;
(4) Research Plan;
(5) Three reference letters;
(6) Teaching Statement.
V. Compensation Package and Support
A successful applicant will be provided with:
(1) A competitive annual salary (commensurate with qualifications and experience);
(2) Research start-up funds;
(3) Graduate student quotas;
(4) The university provides short-term lodging and housing subsidies. Applicants recruited can purchase commercial housing offered by the university at a special discount;
(5) The university provides assistance with children’s schooling at primary and secondary school levels.
VI. Application Deadline
Application deadline: April 28th, 2023
The application period will be extended appropriately if the number of the applicants for single postition is relatively small.
Expected date of announcement of application results: The end of July, 2023.
VII. Contact Details
Tel.: +86 (0)25 89683126 (Mr. Zhang)
Email: [email protected]